Eduation

Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:38 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Eduation

Sorry, me yet again,
If family come out on 461 temporary visa, do we have to pay huge amounts for the education of our kid's ?
ANy advice or info gratefully received

Ali
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eduation

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Sorry, me yet again,
If family come out on 461 temporary visa, do we have to pay huge amounts for the education of our kid's ?

Ali
Learning to spell and correct punctuation would be a good start
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:53 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Sorry, me yet again,

Ali
I don't know what a 461 visa is....can you give details and also where are you heading for, different states have different rules.

Cheers
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I can just see Tony Blair with his Eduation, Eduation, Eduation. As many of us probably know we can't correct a typo once a thread title is posted.

The cost of education in Australia compared to the UK is a complex issue. Generally speaking, a higher proportion of Australian pupils will attend a fee paying school than is the case in the UK. However, fees, tend to be, on average, lower than they would be in the UK (in money terms anyway, real terms might be another matter).

Pupils who attend state schools in Australia will be expected to have more paid for directly by their parents than would be the case in the UK. There is no such thing as free education in the UK of course because it is paid for indirectly through the obvious income taxes as well as NI, VAT, excise etc.

Anyway, as to the cost of education, it will depend whether you send your child to a state school or a private school (they even call them 'public' schools in the UK just to be different but I know it goes back to the days of grammar schools and public schools or something like that). I'm not sure whether the cost of education is dependant on the type of visa as well but it must be because you infer it in the OP.

OzTennis
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:33 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

I know, sorry, but you try typing with only one hand (the other is in cast following a shattered wrist during an incident at work) and trying to look after the 18 month old daughter !!!
LOL

Ali
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:51 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I looked up a 461

• Subclass 461 (New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship)

so check out

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/media/...uleofvisas.pdf

This is NSW but you have to check out each state you are considering they will have decent information on each site for the state.

Cheers
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:48 pm
ABCDiamond

Temporary Visa Holders:
WA - In WA people on temporary resident visas (and their dependant family members) generally pay the same fees as Australian students for government-funded schooling. http://www.wacrrm.uwa.edu.au/docs/Surviving and Thriving web.pdf

NSW - Most students who hold a Temporary Resident Visa must pay a Temporary Visa Holders Education Fee and Administration Fee for enrolment in a NSW Government School. http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/gotosc...lder/index.php

QLD - In QLD people on temporary resident visas (and their dependant family members) generally pay the same fees as Australian students for government-funded schooling.

SA - Dependants whose parents are holding 'temporary resident visas generally are permitted to enrol in any primary or secondary school on the same conditions as Australian students and permanent residents for as long as their parents remain in Australia with Temporary Resident status. http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/docs/files...G_Section3.doc

VIC - ?
ACT - ?
NT - ?

The SIR, Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 495, may have different conditions. NSW for example allows Free education under this visa class

Education

Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:56 am
Who me ?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Temporary Visa Holders:
WA - In WA people on temporary resident visas (and their dependant family members) generally pay the same fees as Australian students for government-funded schooling. http://www.wacrrm.uwa.edu.au/docs/Surviving and Thriving web.pdf

NSW - Most students who hold a Temporary Resident Visa must pay a Temporary Visa Holders Education Fee and Administration Fee for enrolment in a NSW Government School. http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/gotosc...lder/index.php

QLD - In QLD people on temporary resident visas (and their dependant family members) generally pay the same fees as Australian students for government-funded schooling.

SA - Dependants whose parents are holding 'temporary resident visas generally are permitted to enrol in any primary or secondary school on the same conditions as Australian students and permanent residents for as long as their parents remain in Australia with Temporary Resident status. http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/docs/files...G_Section3.doc

VIC - ?
ACT - ?
NT - ?

The SIR, Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 495, may have different conditions. NSW for example allows Free education under this visa class

Education
Thanks, that's some really helpful info.....we'ew looking at Brisbane so that'll help us alot.

Ali