Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Edinburgh Doctors- Info Required?

Edinburgh Doctors- Info Required?

Old Aug 17th 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Eltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud of
Default Edinburgh Doctors- Info Required?

Help!!.
Trying to arrange medicals and don't want to book with the Glasgow doc
(after reading previous scary postings on here :scared: ), I have been trying for two days to get someone at the Bonnyrigg Health Centre but the phone line is dead!
There are two other doctors in Edinburgh that we could easily travel to, has anyone used either of these, Morningside Place and Tollcross Health Centre.
Our last option is to go to Carlisle so any info on this one would be helpful aswell.
Would be grateful for all comments good or bad . I'm a wimp with a needle!!
Thanks everyone.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edinburgh Doctors- Info Required?

Hold out for Bonnyrigg over Morningside. Even better, go up to Aberdeen where the medicals are half the price and the cost of the courier to Sydney is included. Morningside prices are plus, plus, plus ................. and then some more.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

I went to Morningside and it was brilliant. I didn't have any problems with them at all and I managed to get an appointment when I wanted. The staff there were all great and I had Dr Uttley for my meds who was lovely.
The meds cost £105 and it's £25 for any extra blood tests. I had to get two but I think that's standard anywhere if you have had any tattoos or piercings.
I would highly recommend going there and can't see any problems with it.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

I was put off glasgow doc too after posts. We went to Bonnyrigg Dr smart, he was lovely, really easy to get too. We got a saturday morning app which was great, 4 of us done in about 40 mins.

sj
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
I would agree hold out for bonnyrigg Dr Smart he was great with us
remember Dr Smart and the practise have moved just up the road into a new medical centre

Billy & Vicki
Old Aug 17th 2006, 6:14 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

The Glasgow doc is fine, the medical is a joke, in and out 5 mins. , but who cares, if i wanted a proper one i would be going to my gp

I had raised BP and she recommended i see the cardiologist (another 500 quid), but managed to get round this be getting the same tests at my gp and sending the glasgow doc the copy, she was quite happy with this and forward the stuff to sydney
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Eltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I think i'll keep trying Bonnyrigg for a few days ( unless anyone has a different number for them other than the one on the DIMIA site) and hopefully their phone will be back in order. Failing that I'm going to go down the list till I get one that can give me the best appointment time.

Thanks again.