Echuca

Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:57 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Echuca

Anyone live in Echuca, husband might have a chance of a job there we live in NZ and I think he said the wage is $75,000 plus other things Any help on this area
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Echuca

Originally Posted by love30stm
Anyone live in Echuca, husband might have a chance of a job there we live in NZ and I think he said the wage is $75,000 plus other things Any help on this area

My favourite Vic Country Town... Friendly people... Close enough for Melbourne for a day trip... Plenty to do... Half Decent Restaurants. Decent Train Service. Doesnt seem to suffer quite as badly from the redneck type attitudes that affect most of rural Aus. If I had to live in the Country (God forbid) Echuca would be my first choice.

Apart from housing and Firewood everything else is usually dearer in the Country... 75,000 should be good enough though... plenty of seasonal work in the tourism industry if your considering part time work.

A big thumbs up from me

Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
My favourite Vic Country Town... Friendly people... Close enough for Melbourne for a day trip... Plenty to do... Half Decent Restaurants. Decent Train Service. Doesnt seem to suffer quite as badly from the redneck type attitudes that affect most of rural Aus. If I had to live in the Country (God forbid) Echuca would be my first choice.

Apart from housing and Firewood everything else is usually dearer in the Country... 75,000 should be good enough though... plenty of seasonal work in the tourism industry if your considering part time work.

A big thumbs up from me

thankyou. How far is it to drive to Melbourbe? And can you get transport there?

Only one person replied???
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Its ok but not that large. There are other towns I prefer ie Wangaratta, Bendigo, Ballarat which are much larger centres. My son lives in Yarrawonga and I prefer it to Echuca as its closer to larger centres.

I personally would not do a day trip to Echuca six hours in a car would not do it for me.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petals
Its ok but not that large. There are other towns I prefer ie Wangaratta, Bendigo, Ballarat which are much larger centres. My son lives in Yarrawonga and I prefer it to Echuca as its closer to larger centres.

I personally would not do a day trip to Echuca six hours in a car would not do it for me.
\\

Plenty of pensioners travel down to Melbourne and back on the Train everyday... it only costs them 22 dollars return.

Tis just over Two hours by car one way. It's 215K's from Melbournes CBD and Google maps gives it a travel time of 2hours 22 mins. (you can be in Brunswick which is great for nights out in just on 2 hours)

My Wifes family is from Bendigo, she went to school for at least 10 years there. Hates the Place. I've spent weeks on end there. Our Oldest Daughter is currently living there as well. When Sunbury Pysch Center closed a lot of the Nurses moved onto Ballarat, the Wife Knew a lot of those and we stayed in Ballarat quite often.... Preferable to Bendigo... feels more pleasant, greener and more hills etc. Wangaratta and Yarrawonga are too far away. from my point of view.... over 3 hours each way from the CBD.

Plenty of free travel in and around Echuca with their very convenient and extensive Courtesy bus system... great for nights out at various locales around the town.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 11th 2011 at 11:45 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:38 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him

Nearest I've been was Ballarat but that was so long ago now and I was only on holiday and not looking to live there.

That wage doesn't sound too bad, find one of those tax calcs and see what the take home is. Just remember that he'll be paying superan but will have a tax free allowance.

Will the company pay for you both to come over and visit?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Petals

Ive been told Melbourne is 2, 4 and now 6 hours drive ???? So what's right
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Good for him

Nearest I've been was Ballarat but that was so long ago now and I was only on holiday and not looking to live there.

That wage doesn't sound too bad, find one of those tax calcs and see what the take home is. Just remember that he'll be paying superan but will have a tax free allowance.

Will the company pay for you both to come over and visit?
It's early days yet husband applied for a job in another part of NZ as we don't like Wanganui and the company also asked if he was interested in a job going in Oz so we will see. I'm trying not too get too exited
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

It is just over 2 hours.

Please bear in mind that 'chuca is a small town dependent on tourism. ie seasonal employment. The cost of goods will be higher and the level of choice will be lower. A lot of the locals go to the big smoke for their big shop.

The region's economy is tied to farming and some of the large local employers (eg Heinz food processing) are closing down and moving overseas (ie to NZ).
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:32 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

3 hours. But depends on which bit of Melly you're heading to.

You probably won't get many replies as not a lot of people (if any) on here live there.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rambi
3 hours.

The 6 hours I think was from Petal's rather than Melbourne.

You probably won't get many replies as not a lot of people (if any) on here live there.
3 hours????? You must take a tourist route
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:36 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icecube
3 hours????? You must take a tourist route
I reckon you'll be in the outer suburbs in 2 hours. Or talking to a copper on the side of the road.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Rambi
3 hours. But depends on which bit of Melly you're heading to.

Oh dear I don't want to live in another dead place full of weird people have that already
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icecube
It is just over 2 hours.

Please bear in mind that 'chuca is a small town dependent on tourism. ie seasonal employment. The cost of goods will be higher and the level of choice will be lower. A lot of the locals go to the big smoke for their big shop.

The region's economy is tied to farming and some of the large local employers (eg Heinz food processing) are closing down and moving overseas (ie to NZ).
True...

Although Tourism plays a major part in Echucas Economy. It's a twin town with Moama just over the border. Big thing in Echucas favour is the Murray River, which is a fantastic asset to the town, and the closest point for the River Murray and NSW from Melbourne.

Just checked Google maps... it's 75 mins to Bendigo and 80 Mins to Shepparton so there are close bigger towns around.

It's just under 2 hours door to door to my place here in Coburg... I live just under 20 mins (10 ks) from the City. It's a very direct route to here and I bypass busy Sydney rd by going the back way Via Newlands Rd to the Western Ring road at Edgars Rd. We have access to a townhouse up there and we go there a lot. Another way of looking at it is... It's probably quicker for me to get to Echuca than it is to Hastings which is considered the outer reaches of Melbourne.

Something for the OP to consider... If you live in Country Aus, 1 hour to another decent sized town is considered close in Aus.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 12th 2011 at 4:57 am.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:27 am

Oh well husband has made the short list for the job in Echuca !! Fingers crossed for us please I so want to get out of New Zealand!