Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:34 pm
skye

Default Ebay in Oz

Do they use it much?

Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

fillinghams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ebay in Oz

Ive looked and it at best patchy, if not rubbish.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:51 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Yes people do use it,

my sister and friends use it, so it musn't be too 'rubbish'
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

We use it, transferred UK ebay ID and reputation points to the Aus ebay. We bought a Landrover through ebay here and got a great deal. Have bought other stuff and its all been good. Much the same as ebay in any country I would think
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
We use it, transferred UK ebay ID and reputation points to the Aus ebay. We bought a Landrover through ebay here and got a great deal. Have bought other stuff and its all been good. Much the same as ebay in any country I would think
Its probably not as big yet as the UK one, because there is less of an internet shopping culture here. However it is pretty good. Nothing to stop you still buying from ebay UK as well though - most of the sellers ont here will ship to Aus, even if you have to email them first before bidding - haven't had anyone refuse yet and I buy loads of books off ebay UK.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its probably not as big yet as the UK one, because there is less of an internet shopping culture here. However it is pretty good. Nothing to stop you still buying from ebay UK as well though - most of the sellers ont here will ship to Aus, even if you have to email them first before bidding - haven't had anyone refuse yet and I buy loads of books off ebay UK.
Yup. There has been talk of less of an online business culture here. Listen to Arkon for example. However, a recent study has shown that online payment has recently (2006) really started to take off with a huge uptake.

Ebay Aus has less selling and the postage costs might be offputting sometimes but I use it all the time.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:20 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's big here. I have sold loads of stuff on it, most expensive being a motorbike.
Originally Posted by skye
Do they use it much?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:22 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I think the postage is an issue here with online stuff, posting something from Sydney to Perth takes a while and is not cheap, and Aus post will break anything that can be broken.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Yup. There has been talk of less of an online business culture here. Listen to Arkon for example. However, a recent study has shown that online payment has recently (2006) really started to take off with a huge uptake.

Ebay Aus has less selling and the postage costs might be offputting sometimes but I use it all the time.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:47 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Aussies seem to love a bargain, when they sort their broadband out I think internet shopping will be a big deal here.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

I'd always check eBay in the UK FIRST if I was looking for something. I've bought and sold a fair bit on eBay in the UK and in Oz, but unfortunately eBay in Oz REALLY isn't a patch on the UK version.

Still, it'll hopefully pick up one day.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Maybe I'm an anomaly but practically everyone in my circle has either bought/sold or both on Ebay and love it!

It's very popular but I agree about the postage- Oz Post is not the most reliable carrier for breakable items!!!
Old May 9th 2007, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

has anyone tried buying computer stuff from ebay?

also, are you allowed to buy from ebay USA? assuming the seller is willing to ship? does Australian customs tax computer stuff heavily?

thanks!
Old May 10th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
has anyone tried buying computer stuff from ebay?

also, are you allowed to buy from ebay USA? assuming the seller is willing to ship? does Australian customs tax computer stuff heavily?

thanks!
You can buy stuff from any of the international ebays assuming the seller in question will ship to Australia.

I believe customs don't tax you if the value of the items is under $1000. I have had stuff sent to me recently from the USA valued at about $600 and it wasn't taxed.
Old May 10th 2007, 3:50 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought an external hard drive through ebay.com.au. Software provided was fake and didn't work. Contacted the manufacturer who sold the units to the seller in Melbourne. Maufacturer said it was nothing to do with them contact the seller in Melbourne. Seller in Melbourne said they only pack what they get from the manufacturer and kept sending me more copies of fake software. Ebay said they wouldn't get involved unless the manufacturer (China) complained.
I lost!
I do still buy stuff of ebay but won't buy anything like that again. Ebay didnt give a damn!

Andrewq
Old May 10th 2007, 5:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skye
Do they use it much?
They do use it. I use it. It's not as good as the UK or US. There are not as many bargains and the postage/delivery costs are high. Saying that, I got some 2nd hand parts for my 4wd on Ebay last night that would have cost about $2k more new and, surprisingly, includes free delivery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.