ebay australia

Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:55 pm
WBB

Default ebay australia

as a regular buyer and seller on the british ebay site i was wondering what the australian site is like.

i have had dealings with a few aussies on ebay but as australia is the other side of the world it does cost a lot to ship things over there, but this could be a good way of keeping up with the british trends and other things you cant get in australia.

Old Sep 16th 2003, 11:01 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: ebay australia

Originally posted by welshboybilly
as a regular buyer and seller on the british ebay site i was wondering what the australian site is like.

i have had dealings with a few aussies on ebay but as australia is the other side of the world it does cost a lot to ship things over there, but this could be a good way of keeping up with the british trends and other things you cant get in australia.

I've bought a few things from the aussie one and had them shipped over here.....mainly books.

Its ok, but nowhere near as popular as it is here. Saying that, have you ever looked at the American one? Makes ours look daft.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: ebay australia

Originally posted by PeteY
I've bought a few things from the aussie one and had them shipped over here.....mainly books.

Its ok, but nowhere near as popular as it is here. Saying that, have you ever looked at the American one? Makes ours look daft.

American one? Makes ours look daft

yes maybe so but the usa one started years before the uk one and its catching up fast.

i suppose maybe costs of the internet in australia has a big part of it not being as busy and the hot weather etc
Old Sep 17th 2003, 12:58 am
chongochingi

I've had a couple of dealings with ozzie ebay but hadn't ever ebayed in the uk so I can't really compare.

However, I sold my sony digital camera - had about 25 bids - got over 500 dollars for it (not far short of the price it would have been new if you'd shopped around) and was generally very chuffed.

Also bought a very cool retro brown suede jacket - this time I got it for a song

Generally impressed and will be ebaying everything from now on

Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:04 am
WBB

Originally posted by chongochingi
I've had a couple of dealings with ozzie ebay but hadn't ever ebayed in the uk so I can't really compare.

However, I sold my sony digital camera - had about 25 bids - got over 500 dollars for it (not far short of the price it would have been new if you'd shopped around) and was generally very chuffed.

Also bought a very cool retro brown suede jacket - this time I got it for a song

Generally impressed and will be ebaying everything from now on
yes i agree, if you search through ebay you can find what you want at the price you want it.

this is also a good way to shift unwanted "junk" before a move to australia.

Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
yes i agree, if you search through ebay you can find what you want at the price you want it.

this is also a good way to shift unwanted "junk" before a move to australia.
Is there anything risky about using e-bay? Never used it before... so a bit nervous
Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:17 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Is there anything risky about using e-bay? Never used it before... so a bit nervous
Make sure that you check out the sellers feedback. Also look for the hidden extras before placing a bid. A lot of time on electrical goods (We have been looking at portable DVDs with built in screens) they are shipped from China etc and you can end up paying an extra 30-50 quid on top of the final bid price.

I have bought loads of stuff on there and have not had a problem.

Also as with anything if it looks to good to be true then it probably is.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

My fiance buys a lot of stuff on Ebay in the UK - mainly guitars and other musical items, but also some other things like stunt kites. He's never had a problem at all, always got a bargain and had very prompt delivery. The guitars he bought were all very well wrapped for delivery too. I think you can contact the sellers before you bid so you can sort of suss them out first, but as someone else said DO read the feedback as well.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
Make sure that you check out the sellers feedback. Also look for the hidden extras before placing a bid. A lot of time on electrical goods (We have been looking at portable DVDs with built in screens) they are shipped from China etc and you can end up paying an extra 30-50 quid on top of the final bid price.

I have bought loads of stuff on there and have not had a problem.

Also as with anything if it looks to good to be true then it probably is.

Have you tried 'Richer Sounds' they are selling portable DVDs from £199 at the moment, the cheapest we have seen. Also we have been looking at a recordable multi region DVD around £300.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

i've sold loads on amazon, cleared out all the books and posted from work ;-)
we've had too garage / drive sales, very popular, all the junk we would have talken to the tip people took adn paid for and we made £200, paid for a laminate floor in the living which will help the house sell quicker !
Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:54 pm
chongochingi

checking the feedback is key in my opinion - our buyer for the camera had heaps of 100% positive feedback (and actually had her own shop on ebay) so when the funds took over a week to get from one bank account to the other we weren't worried as we knew she would come good