Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it as easy as the Aus Gov says to get work

Is it as easy as the Aus Gov says to get work

Old May 3rd 2007, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

paulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nice
Wink Is it as easy as the Aus Gov says to get work

Hi
According to all the bumf that I have read and was given at the Expo about living in Australia it is very easy to get work, and there is plenty of it there.
I am a decorator and wondered if there is plenty of work out there or under tha SIR visa I am applying for will mean I will be using up my nest egg in supporting us for months on end

Appreciate any feed back
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it as easy as the Aus Gov says to get work

Originally Posted by paulkimoliver
Hi
According to all the bumf that I have read and was given at the Expo about living in Australia it is very easy to get work, and there is plenty of it there.
I am a decorator and wondered if there is plenty of work out there or under tha SIR visa I am applying for will mean I will be using up my nest egg in supporting us for months on end

Appreciate any feed back
Where are you moving to? I have a couple of mates who are painters and they found finding work easy up here on the sunshine coast
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:36 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Appreciate any feed back
o/h is a painter, he found a job no problem within about 3/4 weeks. we are in nsw.
Old May 4th 2007, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

paulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nice

Thanks for that, we are heading to Adelaide
Old May 4th 2007, 9:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, we are heading to Adelaide
There is lots of work for people in the building trades here. You could approach the builders directly, as most of them wouldn't advertise for these positions.
If you're coming within the next month, I might have a small job for you at my house.
Old May 5th 2007, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There is lots of work for people in the building trades here. You could approach the builders directly, as most of them wouldn't advertise for these positions.
If you're coming within the next month, I might have a small job for you at my house.
Thanks,
Looks like I would have had a start already

Not got visa through yet

I ll keep in touch