Reload this Page >

Eastenders - I Know I'm sad!

Eastenders - I Know I'm sad!

Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

glenn_somers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eastenders - I Know I'm sad!

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are off to Oz in May. My girlfriend is going to find it hard to live without her dose of eastenders.

Can anyone tell me how far Foxtel's UKTV Eastenders is behind the U.K's.

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

the main thing is you still get the simpsons !!!!!!!!!!! doh!!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2003, 9:14 pm
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Glen

My cousin is an avid watcher of Benders on Foxtel....she asked me the other day if Frank & Peggy get married!!!!!

Just a tad behind....

Good luck Simone
Old Jan 19th 2003, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

cazsue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Glenn,

Well you can tell your girlfriend....

I know I am sad too!!! Have been here over six months now and can honestly say I don't miss Eastenders that much. We have Foxtel but it is absolutely years behind, so I don't really watch it now. I think its just past the time when Tiffany fell (or was pushed) down the stairs!

I don't know what part of Oz you are going to but I did notice on a short break to Sydney just before Christmas, that a pub in King's Cross was showing episodes on a Monday night at 8pm that were claiming to be just four weeks behind the UK!!

I now watch Corry instead as I didn't really watch much of it before and even though they are a few years behind it doesn't bother me. I do really miss Brookie though but make up missing the scouse accents by watching Mersey Beat who has two guys of Brookie in it!

Anyway, enough of my sad life, I would hate it to sound that all I do is watch telly, plenty of other things to keep me occupied at the minute, like shopping in the sales!!!

Hope you enjoy Oz.... safe trip

Caz
Old Jan 19th 2003, 11:19 pm
Margot

Default Re: Eastenders - I Know I'm sad!

It's really behind *but* at least it's shown!!

Let's just say that Steve is still in it.

(I'm guessing six months??)

Margot.
(the other sad Eastenders fan who has already checked this important info)

Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:48 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by glenn_somers
Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are off to Oz in May. My girlfriend is going to find it hard to live without her dose of eastenders.

Cheers,
Have you ever meet an eastender as sad as those on this down market program , watch Corry instead full of life and funny .
, never met a eastender as dull as these in this bull wheres your Dell boys and gee up crowd its bad telly.

Old Jan 20th 2003, 2:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by glenn_somers
Hi,

Cheers,
I must admit I'm a secret "closet' watcher of Eastenders

Eastenders is about two years behind here. I seem to remember a couple months ago "they" were celebrating 2000 New year.
And Yes, Peggy just got Married to Frank... lol. My god I'm a sad, sad person! lol

Other "sad shows" you can watch here too are Coronation st, That other soap with a bloke called "Pete" in it runs a bar or something... can't remember the name of that soap, I don't watch it.

But most of the Uk soaps we get here are around about two to three years old.

These are all on Foxtel and Optus... Australian free to air TV is much worse, rubbish.

If you want decent news and documentaries etc Pay TV is a must here! Most watched channels in my household are BBC/CNN, Discovery and National geographic channels (with a sneaky peek of Eastenders on UK TV ) ... Aussie TV, except for the ABC is total mind numbing, rubbish Aussie soaps and news which is a day old when it comes to world affairs.

cheers
Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

does make you realise how much you miss the good old BBC tho - im never gonna whinge about paying the licence fee ever again lol
Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:17 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ceri
I must admit I'm a secret "closet' watcher of Eastenders

Eastenders is about two years behind here. I seem to remember a couple months ago "they" were celebrating 2000 New year.
And Yes, Peggy just got Married to Frank... lol. My god I'm a sad, sad person! lol

Other "sad shows" you can watch here too are Coronation st, That other soap with a bloke called "Pete" in it runs a bar or something... can't remember the name of that soap, I don't watch it.

But most of the Uk soaps we get here are around about two to three years old.

These are all on Foxtel and Optus... Australian free to air TV is much worse, rubbish.

If you want decent news and documentaries etc Pay TV is a must here! Most watched channels in my household are BBC/CNN, Discovery and National geographic channels (with a sneaky peek of Eastenders on UK TV ) ... Aussie TV, except for the ABC is total mind numbing, rubbish Aussie soaps and news which is a day old when it comes to world affairs.

cheers
Yep, TV here is so bad it annoys me to distraction.
If I'm home from work before 10pm (rare) we tend not to watch TV here. Its not that we dont enjoy TV - we loved it in the UK, its just that its so terrible here that my blood pressure cant take it any more. My irritatation builds up over an hour or so to the point where I want to throw the remote at the screen!
We cancelled our Foxtel because it was equally as crap and annoying and I refuse to pay a company to irritate me! It is complete and utter drivel.
The history is that Aussie TV used to be almost exclusively old US programmes which they bought in packages from the states - they would by a reasonable/hit series but the condition was that they also had to buy 3 or 4 crap series as part of the bundle. US prices have risen to the point that Aussie TV companies have now decided its cheaper to make home grown programmes, so the American drivel is slowly being replaced by Australian drivel. I recently reviewed a well known TV company here for a client, so I know how it works. Its all about money, maximum profit and cheapest content, of course. God bless the BBC.

PS. the missus and I missed Eastenders like crazy for the first couple of months. Looking forward to getting back into it on our return!
Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:20 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Why are the programmes so far behind in Aus? Most are between a year and six months behind here in Canada, Merseybeat runs about half a series behind. Weird.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:32 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dingbat
Why are the programmes so far behind in Aus? Most are between a year and six months behind here in Canada, Merseybeat runs about half a series behind. Weird.
Cost. Older programmes cost less, simple as that.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Herman
Yep, TV here is so bad it annoys me to distraction.
If I'm home from work before 10pm (rare) we tend not to watch TV here. Its not that we dont enjoy TV - we loved it in the UK, its just that its so terrible here that my blood pressure cant take it any more. My irritatation builds up over an hour or so to the point where I want to throw the remote at the screen!
We cancelled our Foxtel because it was equally as crap and annoying and I refuse to pay a company to irritate me! It is complete and utter drivel.
The history is that Aussie TV used to be almost exclusively old US programmes which they bought in packages from the states - they would by a reasonable/hit series but the condition was that they also had to buy 3 or 4 crap series as part of the bundle. US prices have risen to the point that Aussie TV companies have now decided its cheaper to make home grown programmes, so the American drivel is slowly being replaced by Australian drivel. I recently reviewed a well known TV company here for a client, so I know how it works. Its all about money, maximum profit and cheapest content, of course. God bless the BBC.

PS. the missus and I missed Eastenders like crazy for the first couple of months. Looking forward to getting back into it on our return!

Wish I could cancel mine! It's gone up in price too since the merger/deal between Optus and Foxtel TV... I get Optus but now get some of the foxtel channels since the merger.

I'd cancel but I'd miss the BBC and CNN news... I just can't bring myself to watch the Aussie so called news.

Cheers

P.S... for anyone who is interested... there's a good show on Lifestyle (Friday nights... 7.30 PM I think, or is it 8.30?) Jeremy clarkson (spelling) ... "meet the neighbours", he's travelling around Europe in his car taking the p*ss out of the driving and everything else. The tall dark headed guy who does all the car shows like "Top gear" ,wrecks cars he doesn't like etc .. funny bloke... very dry

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 20th 2003 at 3:48 am.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri

P.S... for anyone who is interested... there's a good show on Lifestyle (Friday nights... 7.30 PM I think, or is it 8.30?) Jeremy clarkson (spelling) ... "meet the neighbours", he's travelling around Europe in his car taking the p*ss out of the driving and everything else. The tall dark headed guy who does all the car shows like "Top gear" ,wrecks cars he doesn't like etc .. funny bloke... very dry
That was hilarious on Friday night, wasn't it?! Never really like Jeremy Clarkson before but he does this show very well. Belgian pipe smoking contests, Dutch blowing up speed cameras...tremendous viewing!
Old Jan 20th 2003, 4:38 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by colin
That was hilarious on Friday night, wasn't it?! Never really like Jeremy Clarkson before but he does this show very well. Belgian pipe smoking contests, Dutch blowing up speed cameras...tremendous viewing!

To the "The world of sport" music... lol

He's in Germany next week... that I got to see!

The other one looks good too , I saw a snip/advertisment of the one to come in Spain (they haven't shown the episode yet) where he grabs a blokes fish (some bloke angling on a wooden pier and Jeremy grabs the fish) and legs it down the pier saying "lets see how they like their fish being nicked"... lol (spain is always coming into our (British) waters nicking fish for those who don't know)
Wonder if we could do that to the speed cameras in Aus eh? ... lol, and putting hand painted signs up warning the drivers of the speed traps

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 20th 2003 at 4:50 am.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 5:40 am
Cath

glenn_somers wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Me and my girlfriend are off to Oz in May. My girlfriend is going to
    > find it hard to live without her dose of eastenders.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how far Foxtel's UKTV Eastenders is behind the U.K's.
    >
    > Your help is much appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers,

You can catch the updates on the Eastenders site.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/

We're several weeks behind here in the US [shown on BBCAmerica] so I
cheat and 'read' what's coming.

Cath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.