Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Eastenders in Australia via the internet

Eastenders in Australia via the internet

Old May 5th 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

surfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant future
Default Eastenders in Australia via the internet

Hi,

Does anyone know a streaming website which streams BBC1 so we can watch Eastenders from Brissie?

I can get to use bbc iPlayer using a spoof IP from the UK using Hide MY IP software, but the bandwidth is crap. I don't really want to pay for UKTV channel either just for Eastenders.

Surely there is a steaming website out there somewhere!! ??

http://www.streamick.com/ is good, but no BBC1, just BBC World News.

Alistair.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Eastenders in Australia via the internet

I don't know about streaming but there are bit-torrent sites out there where you can download UK television programmes
Old May 5th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

best bet is download from uknova or use one of the other methords from previous posts

Do a search theres beeen like 500 posts about this before
Old May 5th 2009, 12:23 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Check the links in my signature. All will be revealed.
Old May 5th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

Why not take a few months break off from it and then watch it when UKTV catches up. You might even find that you wont want to watch it by then..
Old May 5th 2009, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Uuuh Patsy
Why not take a few months break off from it and then watch it when UKTV catches up. You might even find that you wont want to watch it by then..
lol, i didnt want to watch it when i was there...came to get away from it!lol i know people moan about ozzie tv, but i think its much better than uk tv.

come on eastenders, phil, grant, peggy, fat pat, ian bloody beale (he will still be on it, on his death bed..lol) they come, they come back, sometimes they die....aannnddd they still come back..lol
enough already, do people really waste there time watching this from oz!!!! your nutslol

kelly
Old May 5th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I didnt really miss the soaps, but I did miss the good documentaries and dramas!

Bluekipper
Old May 5th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

surfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant futuresurfbum99 has a brilliant future

Erm yer, we're not all 23 something backpackers. Some of us have kids that need to go to bed, yer weekends we're out down the beach.

But with kids its different and its dark at 5:30 in Brisbane.

Eastenders is better than any c%$p on the Aussie stations, god! give me BBC1 back.

Advert after cheap advert, Aussie rules footie, 70% American c%^p on there, or Australian master chef!!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by surfbum99
Erm yer, we're not all 23 something backpackers. Some of us have kids that need to go to bed, yer weekends we're out down the beach.

But with kids its different and its dark at 5:30 in Brisbane.

Eastenders is better than any c%$p on the Aussie stations, god! give me BBC1 back.

Advert after cheap advert, Aussie rules footie, 70% American c%^p on there, or Australian master chef!!
Ain't that true...

Eastenders in Aus is pretty much 3.5 months behind Eastenders in the UK. Which is nice of them as it gives you time to move from the UK to Aus, find a place to live, get your container with TV sorted, sign up to Foxtel and then ensure you have the UKTV channel - and Eastenders is your uncle....

That's what we did and as it's on four times a week (Mon - Thu in Aus) you stay on the same time scale as the UK.

Only the Friday night 'cliffhanger' (when it happens) is a Monday night here so it's gets a bit weird. But only a day to wait.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:11 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Master Chef is fabby! So long as you don't compare it to the format of the UK one
Old May 6th 2009, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=surfbum99;7544181]Erm yer, we're not all 23 something backpackers. Some of us have kids that need to go to bed, yer weekends we're out down the beach.

But with kids its different

Not sure if this is meant to be a dig at me, but i am not 23, am not a backpacker and i have a 4 year old daughter, so dont see what your comments for.

So because i have a child i have to like eastenders???! dont quite what your on about..lol

kelly
Old May 6th 2009, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=taylor25;7544428]

But with kids its different

Not sure if this is meant to be a dig at me, but i am not 23, am not a backpacker and i have a 4 year old daughter, so dont see what your comments for.

So because i have a child i have to like eastenders???! dont quite what your on about..lol

kelly
I think surfbum was just trying to say that it did not really help when the original poster asked how to get to watch Eastenders to have someone come on and critice their viewing choice and ask why would they want to do it?

Otherwise, every question on here coule or would be populated by 'why do that when we do this'.

We each have our choices and thus it's probabaly fair to try and help all. I've been guilty of it in the past as well...

I'm certainly not one of these poeple that moves and then tries to adopt everything about Australian lifestyle and discard anything from the UK. Thus if people wish to watch stuff from there, fair enough.

Even though I admit to be an 'Enders fan, I can see why people would laugh at me and fair enough. Bit like being a fan of ABBA, or Home & Away!
Old May 6th 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=slipshot;7544440]
Originally Posted by taylor25
I think surfbum was just trying to say that it did not really help when the original poster asked how to get to watch Eastenders to have someone come on and critice their viewing choice and ask why would they want to do it?
oh sorry, yeah so thats what she meant by calling me a 23year old backpacker, yeah totally got that from what she said!!!!!

My post was tongue in cheek hence the lol,s and smiley faces, to get offended just because someone doesnt like eastenders is abit ott in my opinion, people shouldnt take their telly viewing choices so seriosuly! But i do take offence to personal comments, especially as s/he was so far off the mark!!!

I dont like things all australian either and dont try to adopt everything, there are things i like from home.

Also to say its different when you have children??? whats that even got to do with liking eastenders or not???lol
Old May 6th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

gs.gecko is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Does anyone know a streaming website which streams BBC1 so we can watch Eastenders from Brissie?

I can get to use bbc iPlayer using a spoof IP from the UK using Hide MY IP software, but the bandwidth is crap. I don't really want to pay for UKTV channel either just for Eastenders.

Surely there is a steaming website out there somewhere!! ??

http://www.streamick.com/ is good, but no BBC1, just BBC World News.

Alistair.
If you've overcome the iplayer ip address problem then take a look at www.zattoo.com or www.tvcatchup.com or www,tvexpat. eu though heaven knows why you want to watch Eastenders anyway

Last edited by gs.gecko; May 6th 2009 at 1:36 pm.