Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Easiest Bank Account to open in Oz from the UK

Easiest Bank Account to open in Oz from the UK

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about
Question Easiest Bank Account to open in Oz from the UK

Can anyone recommend an easy option for opening a bank account from the UK.
I've contacted a couple of banks and they've said to wait till we are in Oz.

I'd prefer to sort it before we arrive (don't mind picking up the details on arrival) and ideally transfer some money across.

Also can you open an account if you don't have a job yet...we will have spare cash but it will be in a UK account untill we can organise a transfer to a valid Ozzie account ?

Cheers

Matt
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice
Default Re: Easiest Bank Account to open in Oz from the UK

Originally Posted by mattvicki
Can anyone recommend an easy option for opening a bank account from the UK.
I've contacted a couple of banks and they've said to wait till we are in Oz.

I'd prefer to sort it before we arrive (don't mind picking up the details on arrival) and ideally transfer some money across.

Also can you open an account if you don't have a job yet...we will have spare cash but it will be in a UK account untill we can organise a transfer to a valid Ozzie account ?

Cheers

Matt
Hi we opened one with ANZ it took about 2 weeks to come through,just need to sell the house.
Down load all the forms off the web site and send them off
it was a doddle
good luck task
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

ANZ or HSBC both allow you to open accounts from overseas.

Afraid I don't have a direct link to the forms you need but I'm sure someone else can help.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:07 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

I opened my ANZ account over the phone took all of 2minutes, transfered the money with ozforex. I then have to go into ANZ when I get to Perth to activate it, with proof of passport and boarding card, how easy was that
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stutess
I opened my ANZ account over the phone took all of 2minutes, transfered the money with ozforex. I then have to go into ANZ when I get to Perth to activate it, with proof of passport and boarding card, how easy was that
Do you have the contact details still - that sounds like the easiest way and we are in perth in 4 weeks so could do with sorting it asap!!!

thanks

watty'n'arls
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:17 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Do you have the contact details still - that sounds like the easiest way and we are in perth in 4 weeks so could do with sorting it asap!!!

thanks

watty'n'arls
Will get looking for it now for you be back in a min
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:22 pm
flirt

just PM'd you chick
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:42 pm
flirt

have you got it chick???
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

have you got it chick???
Thanks youre a star hun!!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:22 pm
flirt

Thanks youre a star hun!!!!
yuor welcome, it really was sooooo easy
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:22 pm
flirt

yuor welcome, it really was sooooo easy
must use spell check more often
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

thanks

watty'n'arls
Can anyone point me to where the forms are on the ANZ website ?

Thanks

Matt
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattvicki
Can anyone point me to where the forms are on the ANZ website ?

Thanks

Matt
https://ola.anz.com/noah/app/dda/wel...sp?apptype=436

Then take a look at the bit that says "Do you reside overseas?" etc etc.