Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Early Retirees on Sunshine Coast

Early Retirees on Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

lara48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Early Retirees on Sunshine Coast

Hi there, I am new to all this so don't know how to find people out there.
My OH and myself decided to take early retirement in the UK and move to the Sunshine Coast mainly because we have family out here, this is OK but they have there own friends and we need to meet people of a similar age group (early to mid fifties).

So I was wondering if there are any expats in a similar position out there?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:15 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Early Retirees on Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by lara48 View Post
My OH and myself decided to take early retirement in the UK and move to the Sunshine Coast mainly because we have family out here, this is OK but they have there own friends and we need to meet people of a similar age group (early to mid fifties).

You may need to post this on the Meet - ups in Australia.

Good Luck to you both and enjoy your retirement
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

lara48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The OH View Post
You may need to post this on the Meet - ups in Australia.

Good Luck to you both and enjoy your retirement
Thanks for that I will give it ago.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice

Hi there! Wonder if you can help me.

I am currently at UNI becoming a nurse I finish in Summer 2009. Myself, husband and 3 children are moving to Brisbane as soon as I qualify. My brother already lives there and we are keen to be close as he has children now etc etc. We visited at Christmas last year and loved it!!!

Now then the point I am writing to you is that I would like my dad to come too! When we go he will have nobody, he lives close to me now and is not with my mum any more.

His sister lives in Weymouth and they rarely meet. Therefore the only relatives he has is myself and brother who will be both in Aus.

I am keen to find out where I start with applying for a Retirement Visa? Is that the only option? Can he come with us? Does he have to pay the 500$ I have seen as the investor visa? I apologise if I am asking the wrong person just keen to get started.????????

I thank you in advance !!

Ruth Parsons
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:29 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruthnurse View Post

I am currently at UNI becoming a nurse I finish in Summer 2009. Myself, husband and 3 children are moving to Brisbane as soon as I qualify. My brother already lives there and we are keen to be close as he has children now etc etc. We visited at Christmas last year and loved it!!!

Now then the point I am writing to you is that I would like my dad to come too! When we go he will have nobody, he lives close to me now and is not with my mum any more.

His sister lives in Weymouth and they rarely meet. Therefore the only relatives he has is myself and brother who will be both in Aus.

I am keen to find out where I start with applying for a Retirement Visa? Is that the only option? Can he come with us? Does he have to pay the 500$ I have seen as the investor visa? I apologise if I am asking the wrong person just keen to get started.????????

Ruth Parsons
not sure he fulfils basic criteria of Last Remaing Rellie

I think a retirement visa is extortionately expensive...

I have often asked a similar question... but on the basis of a SELF funded older person, staying in Oz for say 6 months per year... then back to UK.

never really got an answer.. wasnt looking for a visa classification.. just a long staying visitor kiinda thing !
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruthnurse View Post

Ruth Parsons
Hello Ruth
my husband and I came out a year ago on a CPV visa the retirement visa was to expensive,there is a thread running on the imigration forum if you do a search for contributory parent visa you will find it, we are all very freindly in there and there is allways someone ready to give you answers and advice
good luck
Janet
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lara48 View Post

Hi Lara,

Congratulations on your decision. Hubby and I often talk about the logistics (for the future) of 6 months in either country.....As for similar position..... not far off your age group, early-mid forties.............not up for retirement yet though, shame have got so much would love to do) Where abouts are you looking to settle on the coast?