Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Early morning phone call - good news!!

Early morning phone call - good news!!

Old Dec 12th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Early morning phone call - good news!!

Hello all,

So excited I might burst so just thought I would share this with you.

After waiting for ages for my husband's prospective employer to finalise his contract arrangements (14 months) we had a phone call this morning to say all is agreed and the contract will be with us on Monday

Over the last year we have been on permanent 2 month standby so not been able to make plans or commit to any arrangements. Its been really hard, especially for the kids but now, thank God, everything seems to be coming together.

We also accepted an offer on the house this week. Its been on the market for 12 months. If it sells that will just be the icing on the cake for us.

All being well, we hope to have our 457 visa by the end of January so that the kids can start school with all the others in the new term.

Roll on Monday

Ren xxx
Old Dec 12th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Early morning phone call - good news!!

That's very good news

Must of been very hard waiting for that call....we had about 3 months of "a week's delay" & it did our head in! Ours was waiting for the house to complete....

Well done for keeping sane!
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Medwaymark. 135 viewings and you were my only reply

Yes, its hard being in limbo and I know its just the start for us. The 457 visa shouldn't take long but then we will be hanging on for pr.

Hope all goes well for you,

Ren xx
Old Dec 13th 2008, 10:52 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RenShen
Thanks Medwaymark. 135 viewings and you were my only reply

Yes, its hard being in limbo and I know its just the start for us. The 457 visa shouldn't take long but then we will be hanging on for pr.

Hope all goes well for you,

Ren xx
Thanks....our application was quite easy (spouse visa)....been here 8 months now & loving it