Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Early childhood education

Early childhood education

Old Dec 8th 2015, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

kittye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Early childhood education

I have recently left Australia. I was on a WHV. My background is in the art. I am a private drama teacher and professional actor with leading speaking TV roles. I was told by migration agents that I could apply for a skilled visa working self employed but I cant afford the visa. I have now accepted a drama teaching post in Singapore.
When I finish my contract I will be 32. I think its highly unlikely I will get sponsored as a private speech and drama tutor so I am thinking of doing another qualification in Early childhood education and care . I teach 3 years +
Do you think this would be enough to find a sponsored role within a childcare environment?
Old Dec 13th 2015, 4:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early childhood education

Originally Posted by kittye
I have recently left Australia. I was on a WHV. My background is in the art. I am a private drama teacher and professional actor with leading speaking TV roles. I was told by migration agents that I could apply for a skilled visa working self employed but I cant afford the visa. I have now accepted a drama teaching post in Singapore.
When I finish my contract I will be 32. I think its highly unlikely I will get sponsored as a private speech and drama tutor so I am thinking of doing another qualification in Early childhood education and care . I teach 3 years +
Do you think this would be enough to find a sponsored role within a childcare environment?
Highly unlikely imo. There are many many Early Learning Grads leaving Uni and having little or no chance of finding work. Many of them are expected to go inland to remote towns for at least a couple of years prior to getting a job in the more popular towns and cities. Even then many are fighting over few jobs. Many grads leave Uni and have to find work in other areas. Education departments do not need to go to the expense and hassle of sponsoring and employing someone from overseas when they have their pick of 'locally grown' applicants. Sorry.
Old Dec 13th 2015, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

kittye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Early childhood education

okay thanks