Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Earliest time to fly with babies????

Earliest time to fly with babies????

Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Cool Earliest time to fly with babies????

We are expecting a new baby in April...and currently getting our plans in place -does anyone know if children have to be over a certain age to fly???

thanks
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice
Default Re: Earliest time to fly with babies????

Originally Posted by Speargun
We are expecting a new baby in April...and currently getting our plans in place -does anyone know if children have to be over a certain age to fly???

thanks
Hi, I believe that it is best if they have had there first three sets of injections, which are usually at 1, 2 and 3 months. Hope this helps if not speak to you Health Visitor.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulhill
Hi, I believe that it is best if they have had there first three sets of injections, which are usually at 1, 2 and 3 months. Hope this helps if not speak to you Health Visitor.
Thanks Paul....this baby better appreciate us waiting for him/her!! She has already delayed our medicals!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Legally most airlines will accommodate babies from 2 weeks of age (when they can wear an infant seatbelt). Your health visitor/Doctor will I am sure recommend that you wait until at least the first lot of injections are done. Here it's 6 weeks, sorry don't know about the UK..... Makes sense really as you wouldn't want to expose a very young unvaccinated baby to that recycled air on the plane (and all of the bugs in it) unless you really had to
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
Legally most airlines will accommodate babies from 2 weeks of age (when they can wear an infant seatbelt). Your health visitor/Doctor will I am sure recommend that you wait until at least the first lot of injections are done. Here it's 6 weeks, sorry don't know about the UK..... Makes sense really as you wouldn't want to expose a very young unvaccinated baby to that recycled air on the plane (and all of the bugs in it) unless you really had to
We flew? to NZ with a 5 week old baby his now 5 years old and no long term damage aprt from waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too much energy!Slept most of the way if thats any help!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:39 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Oh dear, I'm glad I won't be on that flight.

I always get seated next to the "families" for some reason.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

unless it is really important, you can fly as early as 3-4 weeks old....but if it can wait...i would fly at 3 months....

cheers