Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

E-mail on the move?

E-mail on the move?

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default E-mail on the move?

I want to set up an email address that i can use once i have given notice but before i get to Australia, do you know what i mean? basically so that i can keep in touch on the move but haven't the first idea of how to go about getting one? anyone any idea?
Rach x
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi..Rach..open a hot mail account....easy peasy....!!!!!

Good Luck

Scott
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:44 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rach

Don't you already have one set up?

When you signed on to Expats didn't you get a mailbox address '[email protected]?'

I'll send a test message to you - check your 'My Forum' > 'webmail'

Graham
x
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Scott
i'll give it a go now!
kind regards
Rach x
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:53 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Some browsers cannot access certain website email addresses, for the peace of mind I'd set up a Hotmail or Yahoo email address that can be accessed from everywhere in the world, even the smallest internet cafes. Here's the links:

www.hotmail.com

www.yahoo.com

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Pinching Rach`s post here........I am in the same boat.
Out of hotmail and yahoo, which one is the best?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to everyone, even my guardian angel, you know who you are!
Sandra, just set up a hotmail account, easy peasy as Scott said!
hugs
Rach xxx
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:10 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Pinching Rach`s post here........I am in the same boat.
Out of hotmail and yahoo, which one is the best?
yahoo
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Will open one in a moment....cheers all.
Can we all please make sure we pass on our e-mail address.
I have made so many great friends on here, I would be devasted if I lost contact.
i get the impression that once you start to settle in Oz, you rely less and less on this site. Natural if you think about it.

Couldnt cope without my `support group` on here.....and you know who you are!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Here, here Sandra
anyone who wants to can they pm me their private email addy, with love and hugs
rach xxx
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:25 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend yahoo as apparently you get lots of spam with hotmail....
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by artep
I would recommend yahoo as apparently you get lots of spam with hotmail....

poo! just set up a hotmail one!
can i have a yahoo too?
rach x
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:31 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Yea course you can.....have as many as you like!!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:32 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nosuchluck
poo! just set up a hotmail one!
can i have a yahoo too?
rach x
Yep!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had an acount with hotmail for about five years, so the whole world has probably got the address by now . At one point I used to get 20+ spam messages a day, but now I only get a couple per week max. They have new filters and have improved the anti-spam software they use tremendously. Also they are about to raise the storage level by a huge amount to compete with the gmail service coming from Google. That siad yahoo is probably not much different

Alastair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.