Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DVT question - Perth/Mandurah Hospitals

DVT question - Perth/Mandurah Hospitals

Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation DVT question - Perth/Mandurah Hospitals

hi,

can anyone help.
my parents are coming over to WA with us this week on our validation trip.

my dad had a DVT approx 6months ago, and is currently taking tablets to conrtol the thickness of his blood.

the docs have said he can travel and he has the correct travel insurance, but his doctor today has said he wants him to have his blood checked over in Oz (a INR test, International normalised ratio, or something like that?)

we are staying in mandurah for the first half of the holiday, i think there's a hospital there, would they do that particular test, do we just turn up or call to book an appointment and do we pay?

if not does anyone know which hospital would do it?

any info greatly appreciated thanks
lisa
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVT question - Perth/Mandurah Hospitals

Originally Posted by lolylew
hi,

can anyone help.

my dad had a DVT approx 6months ago, and is currently taking tablets to conrtol the thickness of his blood.

the docs have said he can travel and he has the correct travel insurance, but his doctor today has said he wants him to have his blood checked over in Oz (a INR test, International normalised ratio, or something like that?)

we are staying in mandurah for the first half of the holiday, i think there's a hospital there, would they do that particular test, do we just turn up or call to book an appointment and do we pay?

lisa
Whenever I have had to have blood tests the hospital or GP has sent me to these people. http://www.wdp.com.au/

They do the testing and report back to the doctors. Perhaps worth dropping them an email and asking them how to get it done, where and how much it will cost.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolylew
hi,

can anyone help.

lisa
You won't need to go to a hospital to have the blood test done. Just ring a doctor's surgery and ask to book an appointment for your dad. The doctor can order the test and you should have the results back next day.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for that