Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DVD region question

DVD region question

Old Jan 15th 2006, 7:58 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile DVD region question

My MIL in New Zealand sent me a DVD of an NZ movie. But when I try to play it on my (pretty new) DVD player, it says "this disc cannot be played in your region". They dont have problems playing home made DVDs I send them - is this a problem with my DVD player or the disc they sent me?

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 8:18 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DVD region question

Seems that you need to make your dvd player region free.

Do a search on the internet for dvd lock codes

Rob

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
My MIL in New Zealand sent me a DVD of an NZ movie. But when I try to play it on my (pretty new) DVD player, it says "this disc cannot be played in your region". They dont have problems playing home made DVDs I send them - is this a problem with my DVD player or the disc they sent me?

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 8:29 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: DVD region question

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Seems that you need to make your dvd player region free.

Do a search on the internet for dvd lock codes

Rob
Thanks Rob - guess if I'm taking the player to oz I'll have to do this anyway as I'll be buying Ozzie DVDs.

Most helpful.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 8:33 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

What is the brand name and model number of your player........then i will have a look for you....

Rob

Thanks Rob - guess if I'm taking the player to oz I'll have to do this anyway as I'll be buying Ozzie DVDs.

Most helpful.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 8:47 am
Victorian Evangelist

What is the brand name and model number of your player........then i will have a look for you....

Rob
It's a Panasonic S-27.

Thanks very much.

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:04 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Try this........

Turn On player with no disc inserted
While pressing Shift on the remote press Setup
Press Enter twice
Move the cursor to Other
Enter the appropriate four-digit region setting, beginning with 000
Press Enter
Press Return twice
Switch unit Off for at least 3 seconds

Let me know how you get on...

Rob

It's a Panasonic S-27.

Thanks very much.

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Is your's on here:

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/m...le.asp?Page=58

G
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:13 am
Victorian Evangelist

Thanks Rob, before I do this, just want to check about the region setting.

the DVD player was bought in region 2 (Europe)
the DVD comes from region 4 (NZ, Oz etc)

so what region setting should I put in? 0004? And will this mean it then won't play region 2 DVDs?

Sorry to be so unknowledgeable.....

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:17 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Press 0004 for the NZ region and you can change it as many times as you need to....it may even give you the option of being totally region free.

Give it a go and see if it works. If not i have a web site that you can download a program to your hard drive and will automatically play any region dvd

Rob

so what region setting should I put in? 0004? And will this mean it then won't play region 2 DVDs?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:20 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Try http://files.digital-digest.com/down...-7-0_Setup.exe for region free on your pc/lap top

Rob

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:49 am
Victorian Evangelist

Try this........

Turn On player with no disc inserted
While pressing Shift on the remote press Setup
Press Enter twice
Move the cursor to Other
Press Enter
Press Return twice
Switch unit Off for at least 3 seconds

Let me know how you get on...

Rob
Thanks Rob, unfortunately this didn't work as it my remote doesn't have a shift key, tried it without shift and nothing changed. Thanks for trying though.

It does play fine on my laptop and pc but we would prefer to watch it on the TV......

Thanks again,K sent

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:04 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Thanks

Buzzy

Try this remote hack -

With no disc in player and drawer closed.

press stop, stop, setup.

then press 3,8,8,8,3 and then 0 for multiregion.

then switch player off, then back on.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:17 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by jib
Try this remote hack -

With no disc in player and drawer closed.

press stop, stop, setup.

then press 3,8,8,8,3 and then 0 for multiregion.

then switch player off, then back on.
This didnt work either I'm afraid.

Thanks for trying.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:17 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grayling

I did a search and it isnt.

Thanks for trying

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Well I've got a panasonic SA-HT900, a Pioneer DV383 and a Sharp DV-620 and I can't find hacks for any of them.

Its driving me mad.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.