Default dvd

can you get a dvd player that works in Oz and the UK
Old Feb 7th 2004, 8:02 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: dvd

Originally posted by matt k
can you get a dvd player that works in Oz and the UK

Hi,

If you do a search for DVD players you will find there was a thread about 4 weeks ago which gave some good answers to this including a link to the codes which will unlock your DVD and make it multi-regional (which is what you need to do) unless it is already mult-regional compatibile.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004....

Old Feb 7th 2004, 8:18 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Any DVD player can be modified to play other region discs.

Some players require a code (see above) others (Sony in particular) need to have be hardware fixed (chipped).

If your player needs to be chipped expect to pay arounf £70. Also make sure its RCE compatible (Region Coding Extra, new(ish) type of region coding).

Sometimes its cheaper to buy a new player. Ritcher Sounds have multi region (RCE) Toshiba 330 players for under £100. And they are good players too.

Hope this helps.

Jack

PS I am a sad home cinema gadget buying nerd.
Attached Thumbnails dvd-dscf0008.jpg  
Old Feb 7th 2004, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

We bought a DVD player when we got here. It cost $79 from Good Guys and is Multi Zoned, so plays DVDs from all countries. The make of it is Omni. Bargain I reckon! It was on offer for $139 but I had seen it on offer a few weeks before for $79 so the nice Good Guy let me have it for $79 too. Had to wait a few weeks for it as it was before Christmas when the strikes were on at the shipyard in Fremantle. Worth the wait for that price.