Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Duty Free Allowance

Duty Free Allowance

Old May 28th 2005, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Duty Free Allowance

Silly question really!! But ........Do you get duty free allowance in London and then again when you stop in singapore and the twice on the way back also??
Old May 28th 2005, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duty Free Allowance

Originally Posted by tabby
Silly question really!! But ........Do you get duty free allowance in London and then again when you stop in singapore and the twice on the way back also??
I would imagine, but will soon be put in my place, if wrong, or worded it wrongly that you would need to drink or smoke everything whilst at Singapore, in order to get through customs in Aus and again on the way back. You might end up with a major headache
Old May 28th 2005, 2:08 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I would imagine, but will soon be put in my place, if wrong, or worded it wrongly that you would need to drink or smoke everything whilst at Singapore, in order to get through customs in Aus and again on the way back. You might end up with a major headache
I could be wrong but I think you can take it back again without drinking it. But I would keep the receipt to show it is duty free. I bought a bottle of scotch on the way to the USA 2 years ago and brought most of it back again. Security were a bit worried but only in so much as was I going to make a Molotov cocktail out of it.
Old May 28th 2005, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I could be wrong but I think you can take it back again without drinking it. But I would keep the receipt to show it is duty free. I bought a bottle of scotch on the way to the USA 2 years ago and brought most of it back again. Security were a bit worried but only in so much as was I going to make a Molotov cocktail out of it.
I thought he meant could he use his allowance at Heathrow, and again at Singapore and then do the same coming back

Maybe I have a drink problem, but can't imagine buying a bottle of vodka on the way out and still having some left to bring back home Very impressed
Old May 28th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Duty Free Allowance

[QUOTE=moneypen20]I thought he meant could he use his allowance at Heathrow, and again at Singapore and then do the same coming back

Thanks MP - that's exactly what I meant!!!

Any ideas everyone??
Old May 28th 2005, 11:04 pm
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

PortJackson is on a distinguished road

You can bring 250 smokes and 2 litres of grog in to Australia. So the number of duty frees you pass through may not help you.
Old May 29th 2005, 11:16 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tabby]
Originally Posted by moneypen20
I thought he meant could he use his allowance at Heathrow, and again at Singapore and then do the same coming back

Thanks MP - that's exactly what I meant!!!

Any ideas everyone??
I'll get my coat