Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dutch Tulip Festival, Victoria (Childrens days)

Dutch Tulip Festival, Victoria (Childrens days)

Old Sep 18th 2010, 9:21 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dutch Tulip Festival, Victoria (Childrens days)

Its school holidays for the next 2 weeks, and if anybody is looking for something to do, the Tesselaar Tulip Festival started this week, and runs until the 13th October.

http://www.tulipfestival.com.au/

I do have a bit of a vested interest before anybody pipes up, I'm running the sausage sizzle for the local cubs & scouts next Wednesday & Thursday next week on the childrens days.

http://www.tulipfestival.com.au/events/childrens-day/

If you want a great day out, its worth looking at, you can also incorporate feeding the cockatoos & rozellas at grants picnick ground just past Belgrave (buy your birdseed at safeway before you leave) its fab, and maybe plan a ride on puffing billy as well from Belgrave to Emerald

http://www.puffingbilly.com.au/
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:12 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Tulip Festival, Victoria (Childrens days)

Originally Posted by furkew
Its school holidays for the next 2 weeks, and if anybody is looking for something to do, the Tesselaar Tulip Festival started this week, and runs until the 13th October.

http://www.tulipfestival.com.au/

I do have a bit of a vested interest before anybody pipes up, I'm running the sausage sizzle for the local cubs & scouts next Wednesday & Thursday next week on the childrens days.

http://www.tulipfestival.com.au/events/childrens-day/

If you want a great day out, its worth looking at, you can also incorporate feeding the cockatoos & rozellas at grants picnick ground just past Belgrave (buy your birdseed at safeway before you leave) its fab, and maybe plan a ride on puffing billy as well from Belgrave to Emerald

http://www.puffingbilly.com.au/
with just 37 views, obviously not many tulip lovers out there

anyway, if anybody decides to drop in tomorrow or Thursday say hi. I'll be the grumpy old fart stood at the barbie on his days off.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:47 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate, thanks for the info. Will inform the Mrs. and she can take the kids there.

BB
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

If we go mid-week during school term time will there be much for kids to do?

Last edited by MartinLuther; Sep 21st 2010 at 10:22 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:15 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
If we go mid-week during school term time will there be much for kids to do?
Today & tomorrow, and also next Wednesday & Thursday are the childrens days.

Plenty to do for them. Face painting, learn to play the didgeridoo, live music, games, a reptile show etc etc.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Today & tomorrow, and also next Wednesday & Thursday are the childrens days.

Plenty to do for them. Face painting, learn to play the didgeridoo, live music, games, a reptile show etc etc.
Thanks for that.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think i'll take a trip there on the 30th
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:52 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Think i'll take a trip there on the 30th
NO !!!!!

get there tomorrow and buy a hamburger with the lot & help the cubs get to Cubaree & the scouts to Jamboree in 2012

All of the kids I saw today looked like they had a great time.

The face painting was probably the best I have ever seen.

If you go, dont forget a bag of bird seed and a stop at grants picnic ground just outside Belgrave. The kids will love that as well.

this one is from nearly 3 years ago, but there are normally hundreds of cockies, rozellas & lorikeets all the time.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

NO !!!!!

get there tomorrow and buy a hamburger with the lot & help the cubs get to Cubaree & the scouts to Jamboree in 2012

If you go, dont forget a bag of bird seed and a stop at grants picnic ground just outside Belgrave. The kids will love that as well.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ew2/grants.jpg

this one is from nearly 3 years ago, but there are normally hundreds of cockies, rozellas & lorikeets all the time.
You're cutting it a bit fine for cubaree aren't you?

I love taking people to Grants Picnic Ground. Fantastic place. One of my kids had a cocky on his arm there for ages. I tried the same thing but it bit me.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:35 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
You're cutting it a bit fine for cubaree aren't you?
Its not until Saturday

We still have 3 days
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

NO !!!!!

awwweeee at work am afraid this week, got hols nxt week, yipeeee