Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dutch Police check - Does it need to be translated?

Dutch Police check - Does it need to be translated?

Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:17 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Dutch Police check - Does it need to be translated?

I have been to Holland to obtain the Dutch Police check certificate.

It has come back in Dutch, but with an English paragraph at the bottom saying
"The Dutch Minister of Justice has conducted an investigation into the behaviour of the the person mentioned and........ The minster hereby issues the Certificate of Good Conduct....."

Does the Dutch bit need to be translated or is the English paragraph at the bottom enough to satisfy DIMIA?

Ta
Shaun
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:20 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Police check - Does it need to be translated?

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee

"The Dutch Minister of Justice has conducted an investigation into the behaviour of the the person mentioned and........ The minster hereby issues the Certificate of Good Conduct....."

Does the Dutch bit need to be translated or is the English paragraph at the bottom enough to satisfy DIMIA?

Ta
Shaun
good question - but maybe you should cross-post it on the immigration forum as well?
(I'm also interested as I just assumed (yeah I know....) that the English translation paragraph at the bottom would be good enough. Shame you went to Holland to get it, as I did mine through email - could have given you the details on how.)
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:24 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

According to the info (as I read it) you needed to go in person (or nominate a family member to take it) if you left Holland within the last 4 years. If you moved out over 4 years then you could do it by post/e-mail.
Maybe I read it wrong? At least I have something now. Hopefully good enough for DIMIA.

I asked for the international version of the form, and don't know whether that is all you get (the paragraph at the end)?
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

Well, what it's worth, I went through the same carry on with police reports from the UK, Monaco and Japan.

The UK was no problem (obviously), Monaco was pretty straight forward and obvious with a big "neant" = 'nought', but still needed translating...

but.. the japanese one was multilingual as they obviously recognised that someone other than the Japs would want it, and they tailored it accordingly.

Going on this, I would say they Dutch have recognised this also, and this is why they had added the translation, and you should be OK, sending off the letter as is should keep the DIMIA happy.

..maybe a quick call to DIMIA would clarify this also, but if I where in your shoes I would send it off.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:45 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

According to the info (as I read it) you needed to go in person (or nominate a family member to take it) if you left Holland within the last 4 years. If you moved out over 4 years then you could do it by post/e-mail.
Maybe I read it wrong? At least I have something now. Hopefully good enough for DIMIA.

I asked for the international version of the form, and don't know whether that is all you get (the paragraph at the end)?
Here's the response I got:

Dear Sir, Madam,

If you are not registered anymore at the townhall in Holland where you
lived you can send your request with our form (see attachment) directly
to us. Otherwise you will have to do your request at the last gemeente
(townhall) where you lived in Holland. You can ask a relative or friend
of you in Holland to do the request for you. If you do not have anyone
in Holland you can declare this in a signed letter and send your request
directly to us.

Unfortunately we do not have the form in English. We do have a
subscribtion of the procedure, which we have sent you with this message.
We will give you a brief summary of what you have to fill in on the
form.
1. Gegevens aanvrager:
last name
(leave this line blank)
first name
day of birth
place of birth
country of birth
current address
postal code, city
country

2. gegevens organisatie instelling
This part has to be filled out by the department that requires the
certificate. If they however are not able to fill this out, an official
letter or brochure which states that you have to aplly for a certificate
of good behaviour will do as well.

When you send the form to:
Ministerie van Justitie
afd. Covog
Postbus 16115
2500 BC DEN HAAG
The Netherlands
together with a copy of your ID as well as a copy of the payment (more
information in the brochure added to this message), we will send you a
VOG (dutch certificate of good behaviour) within 2 - 4 weeks.

Procedure of the payment:
you pay this sum upon submission of the application form.
for each VOG you must pay EUR 29.50
into account number IBAN NL 80 RABO 019.23.27.984/BIC CODE (swift code):
rabonl2u
made payable to the Ministerie van Justitie/Dienst Bestuurszaken
COVOG in Den Haag stating the name of the applicant.
Do not send cheques, we do not accept them.

With kind regards,
If anyone wants the attachments, just PM me & I will forward them to you. I posted the forms and got the response back in the post 3 weeks later which is blooming good going for the post here in Borneo!
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:10 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Ta
Shaun
no you don't. I submitted those documents untranslated in Jan this year. It would be worth mentioning in a cover note that they are in English at the bottom. My CO missed this, and requested a translation. Was OK when I pointed it out to her.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
Shaun
We had German PC done, and it wasnt translated ours didnt have any english bit on it at all, it did satisfy DIMIA, we got the visa.