Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dusted Ourselves Down & Ready to Fight Back

Dusted Ourselves Down & Ready to Fight Back

Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:15 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dusted Ourselves Down & Ready to Fight Back

After the blow of being refused STNI from Vic we were absolutely gutted as many of you know. That was November and it's taken us this long to recover really. We've thought long and hard and nearly gave up but we're ready to fight once more. To get STNI, Vic want us to get a job offer so that's going to be our focus. Wish us luck, I think we're going to need it.

Australia has been my dream most of my adult life and I've nearly lost it 3 times now. I believe that this really is my last chance so we're giving it everything.

It's good to be back.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:19 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dusted Ourselves Down & Ready to Fight Back

well good luck! What kind of job(s) do you need?
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
After the blow of being refused STNI from Vic we were absolutely gutted as many of you know. That was November and it's taken us this long to recover really. We've thought long and hard and nearly gave up but we're ready to fight once more. To get STNI, Vic want us to get a job offer so that's going to be our focus. Wish us luck, I think we're going to need it.

Australia has been my dream most of my adult life and I've nearly lost it 3 times now. I believe that this really is my last chance so we're giving it everything.

It's good to be back.

Is Vic the only state that requires a job offer?

We might have to go STNI but if needed, hubby will resit IELTS to get .5 higher in his score.

If no job offer is needed, I dont think WA does (?) then he wont need to.

I hope you dont give up, you have shown determination by keeping up your ambition, I hope you get it.

Samantha
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to be back.

Good luck, I hope this is the year you get to fulfil your dream.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:24 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Crappy news...we had big setbacks too, so I really feel for you. Have you not thought about aplying for a SIR Visa instead...much easier to come by.... here is a link from my agent.....

http://www.nextstepmigration.com/aus...tregional.html

Lucy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:27 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Hi,

Crappy news...we had big setbacks too, so I really feel for you. Have you not thought about aplying for a SIR Visa instead...much easier to come by.... here is a link from my agent.....

http://www.nextstepmigration.com/aus...tregional.html

Lucy

Lucy, what visa did you go for in the end?
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:34 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

We applied for STNI in Vic as at that time (Sep 05) they were the only state offering STNI for IT bods. Following the application they then said that we wouldn't get jobs so they wouldn't give it but would reconsider if we got offers!! How peed off were we? Couldn't believe that they were asking for IT people and then moved the goalposts and said a big fat no!! Our agent has informed us we weren't the only poeple this happened too.

Hubby is an IT Project Manager so that's where we're concentrating for jobs. We don't think that SIR is practical for the reason we think it WOULD be difficult to get employment in that field of IT in the regional areas. We're now revisiting this decision to check whether that is still the case.

As well as applying for jobs we're going to look at the other states as well.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

We applied for STNI in Vic as at that time (Sep 05) they were the only state offering STNI for IT bods. Following the application they then said that we wouldn't get jobs so they wouldn't give it but would reconsider if we got offers!! How peed off were we? Couldn't believe that they were asking for IT people and then moved the goalposts and said a big fat no!! Our agent has informed us we weren't the only poeple this happened too.

Hubby is an IT Project Manager so that's where we're concentrating for jobs. We don't think that SIR is practical for the reason we think it WOULD be difficult to get employment in that field of IT in the regional areas. We're now revisiting this decision to check whether that is still the case.

We are in regional Victoria and hubby works for a large defense company, pm me if you want him to check out opportunities for you.
Nicky
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 1:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Probably an obvious question but do you have a really good agent? If not it would be worth it to find one. They will be able to find the best way to get you in, if you're not fussy where you end up.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:10 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby is an IT Project Manager
Whats his IT skill though? Is it not on the MODL?

Why try to come in as a Project Manager? If he has the skills (no matter how ancient) to program, design, support, analyse, why not try getting his skills assessed with the ACS?

I mean I did Project Management before I came here, but swallowed my pride and got in for my Java and CRM skills.

ADL
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to be back.

All the very best of luck!!!

Sue....Good luck K sent
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:29 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Lucy, what visa did you go for in the end?

Hi Sam,

We got our SIR Visas...better than nothing, and at least we can apply for PR eventually....have you looked into the SIR for yourself?

Lucy
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:49 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to be back.

Fight for what you want and it WILL happen. I wish you all the very best.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:49 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

It's good to be back.
I remember reading about your refusal and felt bad as it was just after we had been granted our visa. I sincerely wish you all the best. If anyone deserves to get a visa it is most certanly you, with your undying efforts and amazing attitude to not giving up.

If it were up to me I would give you a job and a visa tomorrow (it's a bank holiday today ).

Wishing you the very best of luck xxx
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 3:37 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by NickyP
We are in regional Victoria and hubby works for a large defense company, pm me if you want him to check out opportunities for you.
Nicky
Cheers Nicky, have PM'd you.

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.