Duplex Kidney

Old Jun 18th 2006, 5:18 pm
Shopaholic

bradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to all
Default Duplex Kidney

We find out last year that my 7 year old has got a duplex kidney.

She's been in hospital to have tests to see if the kidney is functioning properly, and not causing any problems.

We're due to discuss their findings very soon, however the Consultant didn't think that the duplex kidney was causing any problems.

My daughter is on long term antibiotics (don't know at this stage if she'll be on them for life).

It's been playing on my mind as I don't know if this will affect our application in any way, and I don't know how detailed a childs meds are.

Anybody been in similar situation got any advice?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:24 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duplex Kidney

Originally Posted by bradders

She's been in hospital to have tests to see if the kidney is functioning properly, and not causing any problems.

We're due to discuss their findings very soon, however the Consultant didn't think that the duplex kidney was causing any problems.

My daughter is on long term antibiotics (don't know at this stage if she'll be on them for life).

It's been playing on my mind as I don't know if this will affect our application in any way, and I don't know how detailed a childs meds are.

What exactly is a duplex kidney, its not a term I have heard before?

jackie
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

jackie
I thought it was just me
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:42 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I thought it was just me
A Duplex Kidney is a kidney that is split into two (so in effect two kidneys)
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:43 pm
Shopaholic

bradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to all

jackie

Sorry guys

Basically her left kidney has split into two, and has two tubes leading to the bladder instead of one.

We tell her she's special 'cos she's got 3 kidneys!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
A Duplex Kidney is a kidney that is split into two (so in effect two kidneys)
Ah, there you go Jackie
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:53 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Ah, there you go Jackie

ah...well its not my speciality kidneys!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ah...well its not my speciality kidneys!
I think that's a good thing :scared:
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradders

Not been in a similar situation, but from my medical experience I wouldn't think that it would impact your immigration chances at all. It's an incidental finding of a developmental normal-variant....think that up to 15% of the pop have some version of this...two ureters exiting one kidney or such like. It's all to do with the way the kidney develops embryologically....cos u have three different stages of kidney development.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:08 pm
Shopaholic

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Not been in a similar situation, but from my medical experience I wouldn't think that it would impact your immigration chances at all. It's an incidental finding of a developmental normal-variant....think that up to 15% of the pop have some version of this...two ureters exiting one kidney or such like. It's all to do with the way the kidney develops embryologically....cos u have three different stages of kidney development.
Thanks for your response