Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Duncraig High catchment area

Duncraig High catchment area

Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future
Default Duncraig High catchment area

Can anyone advise on where the Duncraig High School catchment area extends to?

We have a son aged 14 and a daughter who will be in her last year of primary next year.

We would welcome any advice on schools in the area and peoples experience of the state school system..

We will be in Perth for January hopefully....

Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2004, 11:56 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Duncraig and my stepdaughter attends Duncraig Senior high. I do know that she has friends that come in from Joondalup and Hillaries.

As far as I can tell, as long as they can get there, there is no catchment area but I'd be happy to ring the school on Monday for you and find out for sure.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Duncraig High catchment area

Originally posted by steveyp
Can anyone advise on where the Duncraig High School catchment area extends to?

We have a son aged 14 and a daughter who will be in her last year of primary next year.

We would welcome any advice on schools in the area and peoples experience of the state school system..

We will be in Perth for January hopefully....

Thanks

If you have a spare few minutes a read through this thread might be of interest to you

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=1

My understanding is that Duncraig has a strict catchment area and the people who are travelling in from Joondalup etc are those kids who are part of their academic talent programme and therefore dont have to live in the area.

We are planning to put Nathan (will be 12 in Oct and therefore will go into yr 8) into Duncraig because we were really impressed with them. He has sat entrance exams into their academic extension programme and are hoping therefore that we can live anywhere and he can still attend Duncraig. Alternatively will will rent in the Duncraig area to ensure a place.

I am interested in any other information you have about Duncraig HS

Cheers
Dave

Last edited by darkless; Jun 26th 2004 at 2:00 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Spot on Dave
We have as i said before got Scott in there but are struggling to get Shawnie a place for February ( start of the new year) we have basically just had to put her name down on a waiting list and do just that wait. We are over the road in Hillarys so arent in the catchmenet area. Kids as dave have said are probably going in on the special programmes be it athlectics or the ATP or another one which i cant remember right now programmes. So they do have strict catchments areas here.
So i could as Siren has already said find out anything you need on Duncraig senior high school.
Joanne
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Siren
We are in Duncraig and my stepdaughter attends Duncraig Senior high. I do know that she has friends that come in from Joondalup and Hillaries.

As far as I can tell, as long as they can get there, there is no catchment area but I'd be happy to ring the school on Monday for you and find out for sure.
Thanks all, I have emailed them directly but am still waiting for a reply....
I plan to rent in duncraig so I guess there should not be a problem, but the greater the catchment area the greater the choice of property.

My son will be 14, but would certainly not qualify for their special programs as he has aspergers syndrome. He is in mainstream education in the UK and getting by fine without help.

My daughter on the other hand is 12 this year so will attend primary for a year longer. She has passed her 11 plus here and will be going to grammar school and would more than likely get in on the special program.

Thanks for the offer of calling the school, that would certainly give us one less thing to worry about!

Cheers
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Can anyone provide me with an email address for this school..Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:35 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I sit corrected

I'll ring for you on Monday and let you know what I find out.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Thanks all, I have emailed them directly but am still waiting for a reply....
I plan to rent in duncraig so I guess there should not be a problem, but the greater the catchment area the greater the choice of property.

My son will be 14, but would certainly not qualify for their special programs as he has aspergers syndrome. He is in mainstream education in the UK and getting by fine without help.

My daughter on the other hand is 12 this year so will attend primary for a year longer. She has passed her 11 plus here and will be going to grammar school and would more than likely get in on the special program.

Thanks for the offer of calling the school, that would certainly give us one less thing to worry about!

Cheers
When is your daughters birthday? Nathan is 11 now, 12 in October and like your daughter he has passed his 11+ and is going to grammar school for one term here.

Dave
Old Jun 26th 2004, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

She is 12 on the 25th of September... going on 16 .... rather cheeky individual she is. Perhaps thats the price of intelligence.

What county are you in?
Old Jun 26th 2004, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Can anyone provide me with an email address for this school..Thanks
I sent to [email protected]

But given that I have not had a reply I can't say for certain it is working.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:29 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point

were off to perth to live in 4 weeks and are looking at duncraig for our 12 year old son to start next year.

Have e mailed them twice in the last couple of weeks and still haven't had a reply so hope you have more luck than me.

Laura
Old Jun 26th 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

She is 12 on the 25th of September... going on 16 .... rather cheeky individual she is. Perhaps thats the price of intelligence.

What county are you in?

Hi,

Yeah Nathan is 12 on the 14th October - I think you will find that your daughter will go into year 8 (1st year of secondary school) when she gets there.

That sounds very familiar too - we say Nathan is 11 going on 44!!

We are in Essex.

One of our concerns about going to OZ is educationally, given Nath has got into a grammar school here. It is why we are so keen on Duncraig as we were impressed with the school, the principle and the general feel of the place.

Regarding that email address - I have sent a couple of emails to a guy in the maths department and haven't yet heard back.

Dave

Dave
Old Jun 27th 2004, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Just checked on a letter that i have had come from the school this week, regarding Homework not done the address is www.duncraig.wa.edu.au Hope this is of help.
or fax 8 9448 0644 or phone 8 9448 3522. But i have to warn you the secratarys are the bags from hell
Joanne
Old Jun 27th 2004, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by darkless
Hi,

Yeah Nathan is 12 on the 14th October - I think you will find that your daughter will go into year 8 (1st year of secondary school) when she gets there.

That sounds very familiar too - we say Nathan is 11 going on 44!!

We are in Essex.

One of our concerns about going to OZ is educationally, given Nath has got into a grammar school here. It is why we are so keen on Duncraig as we were impressed with the school, the principle and the general feel of the place.

Regarding that email address - I have sent a couple of emails to a guy in the maths department and haven't yet heard back.

Dave

Dave
Thanks Dave, that will please here she wasn't too happy when we told her she was back to primary.

I was not sure which parts of the country still had grammar schools, the whole 11 plus thing was a farce this year, we had to pick the school before we got the result forcing us to put the grammar second.

14th of October happens to be my birthday too, I am 37 going on 14.

Cheers
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:39 am

Steveyp,

Here ya go, right from the horses mouth! (Well, secretary of DSH anyway - oops, bit insulting that! )

The catchment area is as follows...

South of Hepburn Road
North of Warwick Road
West of the freeway clear to the beach

Check out a map at Where is for a good idea of the area in question.

Outside this area is where you need the special programs etc...

Hope this helps you!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.