Dubai Airport

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 8:50 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Airport

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Ok thanks. I will check but I have a feeling I have to do a full bag collect and recheck it.. I don't think it's a transfer. Is this likely?
is the whole journey included in one e-ticket? if so, you probably don't need to re-check it in even if they're different airlines.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

And the thing I find most frustrating about it all is that the place is only a few years old, and supposedly the second largest building in the world. Really does make me want to shake my fist at the sky!

I hope and presume they are using it as the prime example of poor design in Architecture 101 courses around the world.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a little concerned to read these "reviews"of Dubai airport.

I've got friends coming from Germany and their English isn't too hot.

They'll be flying from Duesseldorf to Dubai and then from Dubai to Perth.

According to the Dubai airport website, they'll arrive 11.55pm in Terminal 3 and then fly out at 2.55am also from Terminal 3.

How will the arrival and departure at Dubai work for them? Since both arrival and departure are in terminal 3 does this mean they will be bussed to and from the same section in the building?

Last edited by ozhappy981; Mar 4th 2012 at 7:59 am.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:06 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

which airline?
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Emirates...
Old Mar 4th 2012, 11:56 am
Daffyd Duck

phone Emirates then.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Emirates...
If you are flying Emirates into Dubai and then Emirates onto Australia your baggage will be checked all the way through, and they will give you boarding passes for all legs of the flight
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on where the plane stops. A lot of the planes dont actually stop at a gate so you get off and have to be bused to the terminal. They call it different terminals, but in reality it is just one big one. They will get off the bus and follow the signs for transit. Go through security and then look at the notice board for their gate.

I actually normally get the 02:55 flight to Perth - arriving 17:35. Its the better flight time.

As said, there is no need to recheckin or recheck bags.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all for the above.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Im heading off to the Airport in a couple of hours!

See you on the other side!