Dubai Airport

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Dubai Airport

Can I spend Pounds or Dollars there at all or just local currency?

No, I'v not got a credit card..
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:42 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Airport

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Can I spend Pounds or Dollars there at all or just local currency?

No, I'v not got a credit card..
Most major airports will have a currency exchange. IIRC I needed Singapore dollars at Changi at the coffee shop but the bigger shops took American and Australian.

Have you had a look at the Dubai airport website yet? I've just booked a trip on Emirates to Canada so took a look at the site to see what to do for my 6 hour layover.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

perth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to all

last time i was there the major shops took any currency but you got your change in the local stuff
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I looked online. Didn't see anything about currency's. Looked fancy though! lol

Cheers too Perth tiger!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 10:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perth tiger
last time i was there the major shops took any currency but you got your change in the local stuff
That's really handy to know. Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:22 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

If you are buying anything of value or plan to, then i would change up some dirhams in advance. The exchange rate the shops give is terrible.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Slightly unrelated, but my (numerous) experiences of Dubai Airport are as follows:

*Uncomfortable 20 minute bus rides from plane to terminal (seems not to happen so much in reverse)

*Long walks for transiting

*Consistently long queues for to use even the mens' WCs (just to enter them). Dunno about the ladies', but presume worse.

*Consistently long queues for transit security (which is then a hit-and-miss affair, with barking guards)

*Limited selection of food and drink outlets

*Extremely narrow and crowded shopping concourse

*Limited seating

Apart from the above, it's a delightful place to while away a few hours.

Tip: There is more seating, and better access to WCs, in the actual airside lounges, which tend to open several hours before the flight.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Every major airport takes just about every major currency, just watch the exchange rate they give you.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with DC10. I go through it a lot and probably the only worse place is Perth airport. The only plus to the place for me is that you can smoke in a couple of the bars. Apart from that its a crap hole. Oh, and make sure you leave long enough for your connection as a lot of passengers are disembarked a long way from the terminal and are bused to it. Then you can have a very long walk to the next gate.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:40 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by verystormy
Totally agree with DC10. I go through it a lot and probably the only worse place is Perth airport. The only plus to the place for me is that you can smoke in a couple of the bars. Apart from that its a crap hole. Oh, and make sure you leave long enough for your connection as a lot of passengers are disembarked a long way from the terminal and are bused to it. Then you can have a very long walk to the next gate.
I've got 2 hours between PER to Dubai and Dubai to Toronto. That should be plenty, eh?
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I've got 2 hours between PER to Dubai and Dubai to Toronto. That should be plenty, eh?
It may be tight. If you come in at one of the ones they have to bus you on then make sure you get off the bus and head like a rocket through to security before the ques form. Then check your gate and head off there.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:20 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by verystormy
It may be tight. If you come in at one of the ones they have to bus you on then make sure you get off the bus and head like a rocket through to security before the ques form. Then check your gate and head off there.
Thanks for that. Seeing how Emirates only flies to Toronto 3 times a week I better not miss that connection! Otherwise I'll have to be in Dubai for 2 days.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:22 am
Still alive

Oh wait - just looked at the ticket again and it's 4 1/2 hours.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh wait - just looked at the ticket again and it's 4 1/2 hours.
Then you are fine.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Iv got 3 hours odd between flight. I would guess that's plenty?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.