Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dual citizenship

Dual citizenship

Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default Dual citizenship

Can anyone tell me if I can take up australian citizenship but hold on to my british citizenship. Dual nationality I believe its called
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dual citizenship

Originally Posted by lovealot
Can anyone tell me if I can take up australian citizenship but hold on to my british citizenship. Dual nationality I believe its called
Of course you can, its not a problem.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:07 pm
BLC

Yep, but it is a dear do with the passports :scared: Double the cost per person.

B

Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:50 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I was born in Oz and bought up in the UK. I have both British and Australian passports. Our daughter (born in the UK) has 'citizenship by decent' due to my Aussie nationality and also holds both passports. Hubby had to get a spouse visa though
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:41 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
I was born in Oz and bought up in the UK. I have both British and Australian passports. Our daughter (born in the UK) has 'citizenship by decent' due to my Aussie nationality and also holds both passports. Hubby had to get a spouse visa though
Same deal here, only in reverse
Old Aug 16th 2005, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Looking forward to getting dual nationality myself - but it wont be for a while yet..maybe mid 2008!!!

SS