Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Dry Run With Snakes

A Dry Run With Snakes

Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default A Dry Run With Snakes

Currently at work the work is very slow. We have a few big wigs coming soon so a few of us have had to tidy up outside, whilst doing this we came across some slow worms (you had to be there to see grown blokes wet them selfs). I had to pluck up some courage just to pick them up and after finding out that they are a protected spices move them along to a area that was good for them, also found out that they are not snakes but legless lizards. Does make me wonder how i will cope if i meet any proper snakes in oz ( will probably get Karen to sort them out ) :scared:
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Princess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A Dry Run With Snakes

What a coincidence, hubby came home with a mummified slow worm he found when knocking out a window today!!!! I thought he was joking and it was a toy but it wasn't, it was a real mummified slow worm. Weird huh?

I tend to be interested in creepy crawlies and am fascinated by them but don't want to get too close up to the poisinous kind!

Hmm... think I may knock gardening on the head then!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
Currently at work the work is very slow. We have a few big wigs coming soon so a few of us have had to tidy up outside, whilst doing this we came across some slow worms (you had to be there to see grown blokes wet them selfs). I had to pluck up some courage just to pick them up and after finding out that they are a protected spices move them along to a area that was good for them, also found out that they are not snakes but legless lizards. Does make me wonder how i will cope if i meet any proper snakes in oz ( will probably get Karen to sort them out ) :scared:

She can come and sort ours out then when we get out there where are you guys thinking of living will try to move next door

Sue
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue2
She can come and sort ours out then when we get out there where are you guys thinking of living will try to move next door

Sue
Thinking of living in a tall apartment block with no garden
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:01 pm
wombat42

Thinking of living in a tall apartment block with no garden
Snakes will still get into your apartment through the plumbing pipes and air conditioning ducts.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wombat42
Snakes will still get into your apartment through the plumbing pipes and air conditioning ducts.
Maybe we can hire a big butch aussie to come and sort it out for us. Do you know any?
Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:00 pm
wombat42

Maybe we can hire a big butch aussie to come and sort it out for us. Do you know any?
Steve Irwin the croc hunter.