Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

drving to st kilda , melbourne from geelong

drving to st kilda , melbourne from geelong

Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default drving to st kilda , melbourne from geelong

Hi again i am planning on driving from geelong to st kilda, melbourne on sunday and as i have not been near melbourne yet in my car, i was wondering what advise i could be given on how to get there.

I normally take the train to melbourne as one its much easyier and probably cheaper as well by the time you pay for parking etc.

But i want to drive up there on sunday what the best way to work out a route to drive up there i have no clue of melbourne so need advise, yes i know there are books of melbourne but i dont want to waste money on one when maybe i plan to move on soon.

any advise?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:39 pm
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

as your coming over the westgate bridge - stay in the far left lane - take the first turning to your left immeditaley after the you come down off the bridge. follow the road around along Todd Road and you be at the water side.. basically when you come over the westgate bridge you have city to your right and direct ahead you can see the sea/beach/st kilda in the far distance...

come along todd road and you get to a roundabout - go straight and follow the road around.. you will come to port melbourne - looks like lego land - all new - take the first right - follow it right along - basically stay near the beach side all the way along to st kilda.....
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally posted by jat
hi

as your coming over the westgate bridge - stay in the far left lane - take the first turning to your left immeditaley after the you come down off the bridge. follow the road around along Todd Road and you be at the water side.. basically when you come over the westgate bridge you have city to your right and direct ahead you can see the sea/beach/st kilda in the far distance...

come along todd road and you get to a roundabout - go straight and follow the road around.. you will come to port melbourne - looks like lego land - all new - take the first right - follow it right along - basically stay near the beach side all the way along to st kilda.....
thanks for that that will be usefully i hope i can go back the same way? as i have never been in melbourne before in car it looks scary but probably its easy just knowing your way around is the problem.

I hope your not pulling my leg but i will confirm this with others before heading off, but thanks anyway, i have driven probably in places as busy as mel and more so should have no problem.

And i dont want to waste money on books if i am heading off to other states soon.

but thanks it sounds very easy.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:28 am
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

eh no - im not pulling your leg!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jat
eh no - im not pulling your leg!
thanks anyway for your help you made it sound very easy which im sure is
Old Mar 18th 2004, 3:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

If youve driven in Glasgow or Edinburgh Brian Melbourne is a breeze.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Bordy
If youve driven in Glasgow or Edinburgh Brian Melbourne is a breeze.
no i have not driven in glasgow or edinburgh i should have as i am scottish but have probably driven i more traffic citys like liverpool and others down south, holland and also the usa near florida, so im sure i be ok with melbourne, up to now keep getting train into mel, but i am going to take car sunday.

I checked that info i got on my reply about how to get there and by looking at a melway map it does not look the same maybe its just me and not reading the map right or is probably better when on the road anyway i might ask to borrow the book incase i do end up somewhere i dont want to be.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:34 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

As long as you keep the sea on your right hand side you can't go wrong. Drive right along the coast & you will come to St Kilda.