Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thread)

Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thread)

Old Apr 5th 2021, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thre

A lot of mummies would no doubt be aghast at how their little darlings are passing their time. A recent police intervention as I recall seemed to uncover some fifty kids, living at home, cooking meth in their bedrooms. I suppose without the knowledge of parents. (but who knows, I know some where whole family involved)Plenty around my hood. To look at them, one may suppose butter wouldn't melt in their mouth. Well presented and spoken. Usually studying meaningful degrees. Straight laced in presentation compared to my day but one can't help of getting a feeling of being owed, definitely a lack of ethics, but brought up in a culture where acquiring as much as possible is the highest reward in terms of respect and very, very fake in personality.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thre

Originally Posted by the troubadour
A lot of mummies would no doubt be aghast at how their little darlings are passing their time. A recent police intervention as I recall seemed to uncover some fifty kids, living at home, cooking meth in their bedrooms. I suppose without the knowledge of parents. (but who knows, I know some where whole family involved)Plenty around my hood. To look at them, one may suppose butter wouldn't melt in their mouth. Well presented and spoken. Usually studying meaningful degrees. Straight laced in presentation compared to my day but one can't help of getting a feeling of being owed, definitely a lack of ethics, but brought up in a culture where acquiring as much as possible is the highest reward in terms of respect and very, very fake in personality.
Have you thought these kids, doing their degree, might be indulging in a bit of pot, meth , coke (if their budget stretches that far for coke) and may be ok. Don't stress too much.

I am not up.to speed with it but the heroin epidemic of the 80's died out. How? Tell me your research
Old Apr 6th 2021, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Have you thought these kids, doing their degree, might be indulging in a bit of pot, meth , coke (if their budget stretches that far for coke) and may be ok. Don't stress too much.

I am not up.to speed with it but the heroin epidemic of the 80's died out. How? Tell me your research
Not idea what you are commenting about. They are to the best of my knowledge not indulging. Purely a money making scheme where drug is delivered to what I'll call syndicate. Little resemblance to eighties and heroin epidemic
(that drug is increasing again apparently) A bit of pot, really shows you are far away from the nature of what is going on today. No one would care about a bit of pot. Even drugs that induce a loving feeling towards the world and mankind could accept. But meth is a horrid drug, that can have severe consequences to those inflicted by it. To have the knowledge so many be in students or those from the professional classes are making money from and facilitating the scourge . of meth and other similar destructive drugs is worrying.
Such comments as yours dopes nothing to arrest a major problem in society. Even if all too normal commentary from those with little idea or worse don't really care.
We have a massive drug problem in Australia. Again I ask why should we be among the biggest users of meth's in the world? So much public health resources are taking up with this. Have does it 'survive' so well in small communities through out Australia, where it can be expected little can be kept under wraps?

Last edited by the troubadour; Apr 6th 2021 at 12:42 am.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just been reading about a community meeting in Broome attempting to get action on the meth (drug and crime) problem devastating that corner of the world. The police response appears to lay in blaming the public for not reporting drug activity . If anything like around here can they be blamed?. Hardly a feasible option, sadly in my neck of the woods. So unsure just how different it would be in Broome. How difficult can a small community be to root out the culprits? Or at least make a dent.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Not idea what you are commenting about. They are to the best of my knowledge not indulging. Purely a money making scheme where drug is delivered to what I'll call syndicate. Little resemblance to eighties and heroin epidemic
(that drug is increasing again apparently) A bit of pot, really shows you are far away from the nature of what is going on today. No one would care about a bit of pot. Even drugs that induce a loving feeling towards the world and mankind could accept. But meth is a horrid drug, that can have severe consequences to those inflicted by it. To have the knowledge so many be in students or those from the professional classes are making money from and facilitating the scourge . of meth and other similar destructive drugs is worrying.
Such comments as yours dopes nothing to arrest a major problem in society. Even if all too normal commentary from those with little idea or worse don't really care.
We have a massive drug problem in Australia. Again I ask why should we be among the biggest users of meth's in the world? So much public health resources are taking up with this. Have does it 'survive' so well in small communities through out Australia, where it can be expected little can be kept under wraps?
Its poor understanding to write off the health effects of pot, especially the mental health effects it can inflict. Again you seem to have an issue with the policing in your area. That's a state law enforcement matter. Write to your Premier.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
Its poor understanding to write off the health effects of pot, especially the mental health effects it can inflict. Again you seem to have an issue with the policing in your area. That's a state law enforcement matter. Write to your Premier.
While there is certainly an issue of some proportion in my inner city location (that I have only recently become aware off, no meth heads in area) As related it is an Australia wide issue with wide implications. The question could be posed just why are Australians so engaged with drugs on all levels? Why isn't there more done when reported and why aren't sentences far more severe for those caught profiting from such illegal activities?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another area devastated by the meth (ice) epidemic is the South Australian town of Murray Bridge. One of the channels done an expose the other day on the dark side of the drug scourge in Australia, by featuring this town. It can be viewed over Facebook.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another area devastated by the meth (ice) epidemic is the South Australian town of Murray Bridge. One of the channels done an expose the other day on the dark side of the drug scourge in Australia, by featuring this town. It can be viewed over Facebook.
A Current Affair was the name of the expose program that viewed the horrors of Murray Bridge. Lots of letters in response over Face Book stated how their areas were impacted. Perth , but also country WA scored high on meth drug abuse.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A Current Affair was the name of the expose program that viewed the horrors of Murray Bridge. Lots of letters in response over Face Book stated how their areas were impacted. Perth , but also country WA scored high on meth drug abuse.
I drove through Murray Bridge and stopped for petrol and a coffee on a drive from Sydney to Adelaide. Great spots on that route. Murray Bridge was not one of them.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It certainly begs the question just how a small community as Murray Bridge could become so drug infestered and nothing done to rid the problem. But we need exposes as the Current Affair one, to bring to light what is happening throughout much of Australia. I must admit, I was naive to the extent of the problem until alerted by a near neighbour, into the extent of meth production in my area. I was more focused on a neighbour and missed the bigger picture. It is literary every where around me, I don't mean meth heads, but the parasites making what I imagine is a rather comfortable living, devoid of any fear it would appear of detection.

Just to add, to a casual visitor my area close to the City of Perth is rather appealing, for those that prefer inner city type living to suburban. A casual observer would most likely not detect much out of the ordinary. It is well guised and not overt . Props like children feature widely. Could go on but I think the message is clear. Without a combined effort to rid our neighbourhoods of this scourge it will never end. In fact most likely get ever bigger. Apathy sometimes termed Aussie' laid back' behavior.

Last edited by the troubadour; Apr 21st 2021 at 11:39 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Any thoughts on why Adelaide is the meth capital of the world, I think for three years running? Seattle (WA) is second. This should be uniting the population into demanding their state government take action. How can this be allowed?
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly begs the question just how a small community as Murray Bridge could become so drug infestered and nothing done to rid the problem. But we need exposes as the Current Affair one, to bring to light what is happening throughout much of Australia. I must admit, I was naive to the extent of the problem until alerted by a near neighbour, into the extent of meth production in my area. I was more focused on a neighbour and missed the bigger picture. It is literary every where around me, I don't mean meth heads, but the parasites making what I imagine is a rather comfortable living, devoid of any fear it would appear of detection.

Just to add, to a casual visitor my area close to the City of Perth is rather appealing, for those that prefer inner city type living to suburban. A casual observer would most likely not detect much out of the ordinary. It is well guised and not overt . Props like children feature widely. Could go on but I think the message is clear. Without a combined effort to rid our neighbourhoods of this scourge it will never end. In fact most likely get ever bigger. Apathy sometimes termed Aussie' laid back' behavior.

We looked at Victoria Park when we first arrived in WA as we thought we wanted to be nearer the city, we were out off as every time we visited the area we saw "shady things" going on that was back in the 1990's not sure what t is like now...back then East Perth was just not a nice area that changed though for the better when we still lived in Perth.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brits1
We looked at Victoria Park when we first arrived in WA as we thought we wanted to be nearer the city, we were out off as every time we visited the area we saw "shady things" going on that was back in the 1990's not sure what t is like now...back then East Perth was just not a nice area that changed though for the better when we still lived in Perth.
Victoria Park was a place we almost bought as well in 2000. Price of what they call Californians (bungalows) very cheap at the time. Gone up some 300% since. But as I was away working a lot of nights at the time, did not want to leave partner alone in the house. We did some night time obo's and some very sketchy people around the streets at the time. Quite a lot of the Big H around at the time. I didn't know much about meth, but it was around, but in early stages I believe.
I'd say the area, without first hand knowledge, would be far worse today. If Leederville has become so entrenched, can't imagine VP escaping , especially seeing its geographic location. Although we don't so much as get sketchy people on the street anymore. Just cooking and delivery.