Droppings !!!

Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Droppings !!!

Anyone any ideas????

We keep finding droppings underneath the aircon unit. We must have something camping out in there I think. The droppings are small, brown with white ends, they are very strange. I daren't spray bug spray into the unit.
I am sure it is not a mouse as nothing in the pantry has been nibbled.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:53 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Droppings !!!

Originally Posted by mand8002
Anyone any ideas????

We keep finding droppings underneath the aircon unit. We must have something camping out in there I think. The droppings are small, brown with white ends, they are very strange. I daren't spray bug spray into the unit.
Are you sure its not a mouse ......or a rat :scared: ...i'd get pest control look at it just incase
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Anyone any ideas????

Maybe they're cockroach droppings? Some of these cockroaches can be pretty big = mouse sized droppings!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:18 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

We need more description or a photo. What do they consist of? Texture? Shape?

Do you have Geckos there?

Of course, you could send them to Ceri, who will tell you what they are, set them in resin and turn them into earings for her aunt ....

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone any ideas????

Is this what you do when you're not at the college, mand8002? Post a picture here for all to see or scoop up the poo and take it to JTL - he's at home today and will be happy to study the specimen with you!

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go with the cockroach theory

I've heard of this before somewhere.

G
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:57 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Anyone any ideas????

what size and shape are they? cockroach droppings tend to be tiny roundish spots.
At a total guess without seeing the sh*te , I'd go with a gecko too- are they small and ovalish type of thing? about the size of a pencil nib? It's probably the Asian gecko - do you hear noises in the night, like a clicking sound? cit chat sort of sound lol - is the sh*te catching on your skirting boards etc
where are you in Aus? if you're in South East Qld it's good chance it's a gecko (s). I noticed by going to your profile - your Northside area ? ( as you posted in Northside meet just recently looking at your profile). Definitely my good guess would be gecko's - the Asian gecko has spread up to Northside and beyond in recent years, it's an introduced species here in Aus ). Millions of them - same one which is in SEA, Singpore etc

Doubt it's mouse - but you could always set up a trap with a glass bottle propped up a bit on it's side , and some food to see if it is.

I can tell you what it's not - it's not a kangaroo or a koala , wouldn't fit in your aircon would they

doubt if it's a small snake either - droppings tend to be in strings. Tie a little cute budgie to your aircon lol

I'm going with the Gecko, have loads in our home too - laundry mostly, they come on through the gaps in the outside door with us . If the unit is up on a wall it's more likely to be geckos hiding in there in the day and coming out at night to feed.

Just give the unit a good banging ( edit* and "banging" is not what some of you are thinking!! - I just re read my post lol) in the night and see if anything crawls out.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 17th 2005 at 3:04 am.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
what size and shape are they? cockroach droppings tend to be tiny roundish spots.
At a total guess without seeing the sh*te , I'd go with a gecko too- .....

You're a sick sick woman. Get out more! Stop studying poo

JTL
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Gecko I can live with .....phew. We are in Ormiston, Bayside. Thanks for all the help. Still might save it and visit JTL one day lol, any excuse to visit their cute dog!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gecko I can live with .....phew. We are in Ormiston, Bayside. Thanks for all the help. Still might save it and visit JTL one day lol, any excuse to visit their cute dog!!
Jock might have a sniff and tell you what he thinks it is!

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like an offer I can't refuse lol