Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Drivingtest Question

Drivingtest Question

Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

wastonyy is on a distinguished road
Default Drivingtest Question

Hi Can Any One Give Me Advice My Wife Passed Her Theory In Uk In September And Was Ready For Her Test But The Only Date She Could Get Was 30 Nov And We Came Here On The 6 Nov Will She Have To Do It All Again Thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Drivingtest Question

Originally Posted by wastonyy
Hi Can Any One Give Me Advice My Wife Passed Her Theory In Uk In September And Was Ready For Her Test But The Only Date She Could Get Was 30 Nov And We Came Here On The 6 Nov Will She Have To Do It All Again Thanks.
Yes. Why not?. Some states are just relaxing theory tests for UK drivers with full licences, otherwise full test is required.

I Guess That You Have Moved To Aus. Capital Territories
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:00 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Where abouts are you?
Have you tried looking at your state's RTA website for help?
www.rta.nsw.gov.au
www.rta.qld.gov.au
www.vicroads.vic.gov.au
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:14 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polyphemus
Yes. Why not?. Some states are just relaxing theory tests for UK drivers with full licences, otherwise full test is required.

ROFL
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your reply i live in nsw.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

thanks for your reply i live in nsw.
Kapital Karma sent.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:15 am
ABCDiamond

NSW rules:

International learner licences
If you hold a car learner licence issued from an overseas licence issuing authority and you wish to obtain a NSW car learner licence you must be 16 years of age or older and:

* Provide proof of your NSW address
* Prove your identity
* Pass an eyesight test
* Pass a knowledge test.

As from 17 January 2005 customers are exempt the car driver knowledge test if they hold an acceptable car licence from one of the recognised countries. (UK is one of these).
It is recommended that these applicants read the Road Users' Handbook to familiarise themselves with the current road rules in NSW.

The RTA reserves the right to require customers to undertake a knowledge test or driving test

If you have held your full driver licence for less than 12 months, you will be issued a NSW provisional P1 licence.
If you have held your full driver licence for more than 12 months but less than three years, a provisional P2 licence will be issued.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...l_drivers.html

Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

thanks that was a great help regards wastonyy.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Polyphemus

LOL ! - That Took Me A While To Get That