Driving Test

Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

kerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant future
Default Driving Test

Hello all
I am currently learning to drive and was wondering is the Driving test harder or easier in Oz than the U.K
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:12 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving Test

Originally Posted by kerrieee
Hello all
I am currently learning to drive and was wondering is the Driving test harder or easier in Oz than the U.K
More Or less the same
Good Luck
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Hello all
Hi

I took my test here, passed first time, did take it once in the Uk and it is pretty much the same,

I was tested at the Warwick Station. So check where it is you are going to be tested and get use to the streets, parking in their car park etc.

Good Luck

Kim
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I did mine about a year ago. I found it much easier than the S.African test but can't compare it to the UK one. I was allowed to have my driving teacher in the car next to me while the tester sat in the back seat behind me - certainly eased my nerves.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

kerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I did mine about a year ago. I found it much easier than the S.African test but can't compare it to the UK one. I was allowed to have my driving teacher in the car next to me while the tester sat in the back seat behind me - certainly eased my nerves.
THANKS Perthforme , Kimi , Shellfish,
Need all the luck I can get.
Kerrriee
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:47 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all
Ah we drive automatics here though mainly

Theory test is much the same as the UK (I had to do the QLD one here and took by bike motorcycle test a couple of years back in the UK). Some things you cant do in Australia is reverse around a corner - the UKs bugbear of a thing to do on your test. Thats an illegal maneuver here - the roads are a lot wider in general and the speeds lower.

On balance though I would say its much the same really and you'd probably be a more rounded driver to drive a manual anyway and then go to automatic.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:50 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...uiz/index.html

This is the wa site will give you a clue as to what the aus test involves .