bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: driving test

Originally posted by sashadan
here a site i found on driving tests.

any one got any other tips?

cheers

sd

http://www.austroads.com.au/oseaslicences.html
They are slightly different in each state.

For NSW

www.rta.nsw.gov.au

UK license holders only need to do the knowledge to convert to an Aussie license. Only permanent residents need to convert within 3 months.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:19 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

If you are on vacation in Australia you can drive for 3 months on your foreign license however, if you wish you can actually get an ozzie license by passing a written test (in NSW anyway).

What I find funny for myself is that I have a canadian license and australia will give me a license but if I went to the uk with my canadian license they would only give me a license to drive an automatic.
Im off to the uk next month so all I have to do is trade my canadian license for an ozzie one, take that to the uk and exchange it for a uk one !

Below is an interactive written test for NSW, its dead simple !

http://ols1.rta.nsw.gov.au/dktdemo/i...2/SC002_v1.htm
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
If you are on vacation in Australia you can drive for 3 months on your foreign license however, if you wish you can actually get an ozzie license by passing a written test (in NSW anyway).

What I find funny for myself is that I have a canadian license and australia will give me a license but if I went to the uk with my canadian license they would only give me a license to drive an automatic.
Im off to the uk next month so all I have to do is trade my canadian license for an ozzie one, take that to the uk and exchange it for a uk one !

Tourists, temporary residents and WHVs do not need to convert to an Aussie license.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:33 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

thats correct bondi, but at least for NSW RTA you can (if you wish), exchange your license for a nsw one, even if you are only here for less than 3 months.
Check out the RTA forms section in pdf format "overseas-drivers.pdf"
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Oh dear.

I have just attempted the online driving test on the RAA site and failed miserably!

Gulp! - I had better get myself a driver's handbook me thinks....

(All those tricky questions about School Zones and cycle lanes got me).

Perhaps I had better take my bicycle with me when I go...

Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:07 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath

Yep
Test was dead simple, got 45/45. Had to guess a couple not sure of the signs, Just hope the South Australian one is as easy.

Cheers.

PS Not when im driving.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, the test can look hard the very first time. Just get the WA road code online or from a licencing office, read it once, then repeatedly practice the multiple choice test online at the link below. It's the same item bank as the actual 30-item test, so you can quickly cover the universe of items. Its a painless way to prepare. The actual test is a breeze. If you arrive before 8am, you'll be on a computer minutes after doors open at 815 and thereafter, its really efficient. Results within minutes, actual licence minutes after that. Just take passport with visa, old licence, and document giving proof of residence (eg bank statements).

The WA link is:

http://www.learners.wa.gov.au

Good luck and can assure you its painless.

Cheers

David
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:18 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Olive101
Oh dear.

I have just attempted the online driving test on the RAA site and failed miserably!

Gulp! - I had better get myself a driver's handbook me thinks....

(All those tricky questions about School Zones and cycle lanes got me).

Perhaps I had better take my bicycle with me when I go...

Try the WA downloadable test, its much easier ! I haven't passed the online SA one yet either.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:13 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Try the WA downloadable test, its much easier ! I haven't passed the online SA one yet either.

ABC
Could you give me the address for the SA online test.

Cheers.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:26 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
ABC
Could you give me the address for the SA online test.

Cheers.
Here it is http://www.raa.com.au/page.asp?TerID=192

Good luck

Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

I took my driving test today and passed. It wasn't that bad, though a couple of tricky ones made me ponder a momemt or 10! The Mrs takes her test tomorrow - so fingers crossed for her.

Regards

Steve

Must give way to the right
Must give way to the right!

[That was my way of remembering at unmarked crossings!]
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:28 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cookies
I took my driving test today and passed. It wasn't that bad, though a couple of tricky ones made me ponder a momemt or 10! The Mrs takes her test tomorrow - so fingers crossed for her.

Regards

Steve

Must give way to the right!

[That was my way of remembering at unmarked crossings!]
Congrats...

and as for that give way to the right thing, maybe that is why people keep beeping at me?
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:42 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Here it is http://www.raa.com.au/page.asp?TerID=192

Good luck
ABC
Thanks very much for that link. Did not do quite as well as the other tests. Still will practice now.

Cheers.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DagBoy
Congrats...

and as for that give way to the right thing, maybe that is why people keep beeping at me?
Even now - but you are almost a local now!!! Not sure Mrs D would agree with my statement though!

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.