driving signs

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:03 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Default driving signs

could anyone please tell me if the road signs are the same as the uk as i have just passed my test.
will i have to do it all again when i come over theory hazzard perc, an the driving test.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:14 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving signs

Originally Posted by jocky boy
could anyone please tell me if the road signs are the same as the uk as i have just passed my test.
will i have to do it all again when i come over theory hazzard perc, an the driving test.
They are more like American signs. Depending which state you are headed for you may be able to convert your licence but you may need to take a theory test within 3 months if Qld (I think)
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:37 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the rules in the state you are planning to go to.......for the most part UK driving licenses are transferred into AUS 3 yr ones with no problem. But we need to hear on this site about people who have come over with new ones. Cause in AUS you are in P plates for three yrs after passing your test - so does that translate into newly passed (no restrictions UK licence) getting a full one here in AUS.

For those reading the AUS papers - it is only the P Platers who are ****wits killing themselves on the roads?

And for an answer jocky boy.....regardless of the minimum rules you get....check out the RTA in the state you are moving to and buy a book of road rule and check out the road signs.......me for one would prefer you know a give way junction compared to a slow down junction

Sandra
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:10 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

They look like this:
Attached Thumbnails driving signs-kangaroo.gif  
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

It's the "Wrong Way Go Back" ones that make me laugh - they're always in bizzare places where you'd be in real trouble if you were driving there and 'going back' would be bloody impossible!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they crack me up... like on the slip road off the motorway, incase you drive up there accidentally.
The street signs here take a bit of getting used to - they're usually tall poles rather than little ones like the UK. I just explained that really badly so maybe someone else will do a better job
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:39 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Hi there jocky boy here again thanks for the reply's well i am going down to the soth west region bunbury i was told that i had to sit the theory and the pratical and others said no as i just passed my theory cannot be ar..d going through it all again. my girlfriends sister is a driving instructor which is excellent as i get my lessons for nout, i will be over in jan or feb and when i pass my test here i don't want to go through it all again. i will pull my hair out and that will take something, as i am as bald as one of one these smileys
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I love the one that says "We drive on the left in Australia" (all along the Great Ocean Road) cracks me up every time
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there jocky boy here again thanks for the reply's well i am going down to the soth west region bunbury i was told that i had to sit the theory and the pratical and others said no as i just passed my theory cannot be ar..d going through it all again. my girlfriends sister is a driving instructor which is excellent as i get my lessons for nout, i will be over in jan or feb and when i pass my test here i don't want to go through it all again. i will pull my hair out and that will take something, as i am as bald as one of one these smileys
If you do have to resit the theory don't worry - it's ridiculous. In every question there is one sensible answer and two very silly ones. One of the questions was about preparing for a long journey and one of the options was 'Stock up on drinks and lollies' another was about what to do if you see an ambulance and there was a 'overtake it' choice.