Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

driving in Perth with uk driving licence?

driving in Perth with uk driving licence?

Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:25 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default driving in Perth with uk driving licence?

Hi there, can you please tell me, my daughters boyfriend has arrived from the Uk on a working visa..is he allowed to drive using UK licence as not perm resident??

thanks in advance, dawn
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:57 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving in Perth with uk driving licence?

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi there, can you please tell me, my daughters boyfriend has arrived from the Uk on a working visa..is he allowed to drive using UK licence as not perm resident??

thanks in advance, dawn
Yes.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by walla
Yes.
YES AS LONG AS HE WANTS
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:26 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Ahh thank you

thanks in advance, dawn
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:07 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
YES AS LONG AS HE WANTS
As long as UK licence remains valid, normally.

But do check the WA govt website - in the past at least WA had a rule (unlike other states) that put a 12 month limit on temporary residents using an overseas licence.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:09 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Will do thank you

Originally Posted by JAJ
As long as UK licence remains valid, normally.

But do check the WA govt website - in the past at least WA had a rule (unlike other states) that put a 12 month limit on temporary residents using an overseas licence.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:28 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Just to update this thread, i went on government site as recommended and on a working visa in WA, you can use your UK licence for 12 months, then if intend to extend your visa and stay longer, you need to then apply for an Aus driving licence.

Will do thank you
Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:23 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update this thread, i went on government site as recommended and on a working visa in WA, you can use your UK licence for 12 months, then if intend to extend your visa and stay longer, you need to then apply for an Aus driving licence.
Let me know when he gets here so I can avoid Farrington Road