Reload this Page >

Driving license in NSW

Driving license in NSW

Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Driving license in NSW

Guys,
Me n the wife have been in Sydney for a month now and were wondering which theory test or tests we need to take to get a NSW license. Is it just the drivers knowledge test or do we need to do the hazard perception test and drivers qualification test aswell??? We have both held full uk licences for over 10 years and have clean driving history.

Cheers in advance

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:37 pm
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Driving license in NSW

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,
Me n the wife have been in Sydney for a month now and were wondering which theory test or tests we need to take to get a NSW license. Is it just the drivers knowledge test or do we need to do the hazard perception test and drivers qualification test aswell??? We have both held full uk licences for over 10 years and have clean driving history.

Cheers in advance

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
I don't think you need to take any tests - here is a link to the NSW RTA website for international drivers. Hope it helps.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...l_drivers.html
Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:09 am
ABCDiamond

For qualifying UK Car driving licence holders, residing in NSW, ACT, WA and VIC, no tests are now required. (Practical or Theory)

Other States still require you to pass a theory test.

Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:27 am
Coogee Rocks

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,

Cheers in advance

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
Got one a few weeks ago in Sydney near Wynyard, even with the old paper license (had to sellotape it together so it could be photocopied!).

Take a few forms of additional ID also you need to fill in a form BEFORE you get to the desk or else they will give it to you and make you take a number and wait again whilst you fill it in.

You will probably have to take a simple 2 second sight test. Sit for a digital picture and then wait for 10 mins why they print it. Then bob's your uncle.