driving license

Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:14 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default driving license

We have just sent off for the new plastic driving license as I understand you cant renew your old one unless you have a UK address,a few days later we recieved his but not mine and a note from DVLA to ask for my birth certificate or passport as proof of who I am. Confused why it was needed for just me we rang them and they said they cannot issue one without the proof.We explained that they had issued one already without the docs and they were unable to explain it other than to say that "He should'nt have been given it"! when I told my mum about it she told me about my uncle who sent off for a new license and when he got it back he went to pick up his new motorbike that he had ordered only to be told be the manager "sorry mate I cant sell it to you-you havent got a bike license" - this came as a bit of a surprise to my uncle-a bike veteran of 40 years,when he checked his license he found that the luvvies at the DVLA had indeed left off his bike license- "no probs" he said "I will ring DVLA and they will sort it" If only this true story was that straightforward...DVLA said he needed to produce his original license as proof-a bit of a toughie as DVLA had it and when he tried to find the info of his original bike test he found the test centre was long gone and the info was missing (huh, BIG surprise) to cut a nightmare story short,as DVLA refused to accept a photocopy of his license he had to RETAKE his test!! yep at a cost of £500! :scared: FAB EH? the moral is if you are getting a new license - check it when you get it back!!