Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

driving licences

driving licences

Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question driving licences

I know you have to convert your driving licence to aussie one within three months
does this convert all licences at once or do you have to take a test for each category
ie. bike licence
p.c.v.
and car licence
cheers
the railman

Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:15 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: driving licences

Originally posted by railman2404
I know you have to convert your driving licence to aussie one within three months
does this convert all licences at once or do you have to take a test for each category
ie. bike licence
p.c.v.
and car licence
cheers
the railman

i may be wrong here but i think you have to take a test for each category. Depending on which state you go, depends whether or not you have to take a full test again or just a written test. If you just have to take a written test, you have to answer additional questions for each category...

i think.

if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: driving licences

Originally posted by scutterUK
i may be wrong here but i think you have to take a test for each category. Depending on which state you go, depends whether or not you have to take a full test again or just a written test. If you just have to take a written test, you have to answer additional questions for each category...

i think.

if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me.
cheers for that