Driving licence

Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Sebastian will become famous soon enough
Default Driving licence

Hi,

When you land as a PR, one can drive for 3 months before you apply for a Victoria drivers licence. (the 3 months period is from the date you entered)

My question: i have validated my PR visa in Aug 2006 (Stayed for a week) and will be permanantly moving to melbourne in april 2007. Can i drive for 3 months without applying for a Vic licence when i move in Apr 2007?

Cheers!

Sebastian
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:23 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving licence

Originally Posted by Sebastian
Hi,

When you land as a PR, one can drive for 3 months before you apply for a Victoria drivers licence. (the 3 months period is from the date you entered)

My question: i have validated my PR visa in Aug 2006 (Stayed for a week) and will be permanantly moving to melbourne in april 2007. Can i drive for 3 months without applying for a Vic licence when i move in Apr 2007?

Cheers!

Sebastian
As long as you do it within the 3 months or you can apply to get your Vic on on the day you arrive if you like. Don't forget though to change your addresses when you move residence. This is on the assumption that you have a current UK licence.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Sebastian will become famous soon enough

Thanks for ur reply.

I validated my visa in aug 2006 and stayed for a week. Now when i move permanantly in April 2007, it will be alomost 10 months from the date of my first entry.

My concern is whether 3 months from date of my entry will start from my validating date(aug 2006) or the date i move permanantly (apr 2007)?

Thanks again !

Cheers!!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Its 3 months from when you take up residency in Victoria not when you arrive in Australia. from the moment you first move in were you will be living.