Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving Lessons Gold Coast

Driving Lessons Gold Coast

Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Driving Lessons Gold Coast

Hey everyone,
My daughter has just come over to join us here on the Gold Coast to live and was learning to drive in the UK. She was only a few months off her test there and wants to learn to drive here.
She has her UK provisional and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend any good instructors around the Gold Coast area. She wants to learn in an automatic here as that's the car she's got here waiting on her passing.
She'll be changing to her Australian licence soon when some paperwork we're waiting on comes through.
Does anyone know how it works if she's done over the 100 mandatory hours for the L plates etc here?
Any advice much appreciated. We're in Pimpama, near Coomera.
Thanks
Tracy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Lessons Gold Coast

Most of the kids at my daughter's high school use these guys. http://www.rightway-drivingschool.com/ , and they go up to Yatala so you should have one close by. Web site looks useful with loads of info on and a link to the QLD transport site which will tell you everything you need to know.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:17 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving Lessons Gold Coast

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hey everyone,
My daughter has just come over to join us here on the Gold Coast to live and was learning to drive in the UK. She was only a few months off her test there and wants to learn to drive here.
She has her UK provisional and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend any good instructors around the Gold Coast area. She wants to learn in an automatic here as that's the car she's got here waiting on her passing.
She'll be changing to her Australian licence soon when some paperwork we're waiting on comes through.
Does anyone know how it works if she's done over the 100 mandatory hours for the L plates etc here?
Any advice much appreciated. We're in Pimpama, near Coomera.
Thanks
Tracy
if she is under 25 I think she will have to sit the theory test to gain her L's and then all other rules will apply.....this may help http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/ I had a UK prov licence also but that ment diddly squat here I had to start from scratch...at 39 lol