Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

driving instructors

driving instructors

Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Cath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default driving instructors

I am thinking of a career change once in Oz in August. I have always fancied being self employed as a driving instructor. We are moving to Sydney. Anyone know what sort of qualifications you need and how you go about training. I have a full u.k licence for approx 18 years with no points or convictions.

Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Default Driving instr

Hi Kath

I was thinking of this too, and posted a question (yesterday). Someone replied that the going rate for a lesson is about $35 + GST. If you can squeeze in 40 lessons a week, that give a gross income of $63k based on working 45 weeks. Obviously there are costs to consider - car, insurance, fuel etc. Didn't manage to find out anything about legislation though.

Jeff.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving instr

Originally posted by jeff hardy
Hi Kath

I was thinking of this too, and posted a question (yesterday). Someone replied that the going rate for a lesson is about $35 + GST. If you can squeeze in 40 lessons a week, that give a gross income of $63k based on working 45 weeks. Obviously there are costs to consider - car, insurance, fuel etc. Didn't manage to find out anything about legislation though.

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff. Must of missed that one yesterday, but it sounds like its worth considering
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

This web site might be of some use to you www.learnerdriver.com.au

lucy