Reload this Page >

driving fines in australia

driving fines in australia

Old May 3rd 2012, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

rorz_oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default driving fines in australia

Hi there all,

i was in australia from jan 2011 to march 2012 and in curred some driving penalties along the way. i had to leave australia due to unforseen circumstances and come home during my second year visa but would like to return to oz in july.

my question is, if i was to return to australia now would immigration pull me up on the unpaid penalty charges and stop me entering the country?

thanks in advance!!
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:21 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving fines in australia

Originally Posted by rorz_oz
Hi there all,

i was in australia from jan 2011 to march 2012 and in curred some driving penalties along the way. i had to leave australia due to unforseen circumstances and come home during my second year visa but would like to return to oz in july.

my question is, if i was to return to australia now would immigration pull me up on the unpaid penalty charges and stop me entering the country?

thanks in advance!!
I wouldn't blame them if they did, can I ask why you didn't just pay the fines when they were issued? That would've been the logical thing to have done, no?
Old May 4th 2012, 1:56 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rorz_oz
Hi there all,

thanks in advance!!
What state chances are you could ring civic compliance and pay the fines.

It depends on what happened to the fines. Unpaid fines can turn into warrants to imprison if not attended to.
Old May 4th 2012, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

They certainly ask if you owe any money to Australia when you apply for other visas, so it is possible. I would phone up and pay them now.