Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving across Australia - part 2!

Driving across Australia - part 2!

Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Driving across Australia - part 2!

Didn't want to hijack the other thread.

The wife and myself have talked a bit about driving from Perth to the East coast, crossing the Nullaboor.

I was wondering if anyone has done it using a campervan?

Ideally we want to be able to hire a van in Perth, and drop it off on the other side and then plane it back.

Any information or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks all.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Driving across Australia - part 2!

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Didn't want to hijack the other thread.

The wife and myself have talked a bit about driving from Perth to the East coast, crossing the Nullaboor.

I was wondering if anyone has done it using a campervan?

Ideally we want to be able to hire a van in Perth, and drop it off on the other side and then plane it back.

Any information or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks all.
Have a good look through this,

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.aspx
Might help you.

Cheers,
Dennis
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Driving across Australia - part 2!

hi, yes myself, my partner and brother drove from perth to adelaide in a camper van.

its a long boring drive, we did it in approx 5 days (we got a special offer on our camper, it was a relocation drive, basically they firm needed a camper in adelaide so instead of a member of their staff doing it, seeing as we wanted it, we got it for...$1 a day!!!!, had to get their in 7 days though, but know we got there few days early)

Just make sure you fill up at every single gas station, we didnt once and thought we would make it, broke down, luckily a kiwi bloke gave us some petrol (sometimes we wouldnt see another car for hours, so was very lucky)

U shouldnt drive through the night (we did as had to get there in 7 day, but not advisable) as the kangeroos line the roads of a night and just jump out.

Take loads of mozzie spray and medicines and dried/canned foods.

have fun!!

kelly