Driving

Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:06 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving

Ok I can`t drive - don`t particularly want to learn either but I think I`m probably going to have to be able to drive if I want to have any sort of life in Perth. I`ve got my application for my provisional sitting on my dining room table looking at me (I did have a provisional when I was 19 but only had about 4 lessons so it lapsed) Do you think it`s easier to wait until we get (if) to Perth or am I better biting the bullet and doing it now?? I know people have said on here about the driving in Australia but I`m not sure whats worse having seen some of the driving here in Hampshire.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:07 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Ok I can`t drive - don`t particularly want to learn either but I think I`m probably going to have to be able to drive if I want to have any sort of life in Perth. I`ve got my application for my provisional sitting on my dining room table looking at me (I did have a provisional when I was 19 but only had about 4 lessons so it lapsed) Do you think it`s easier to wait until we get (if) to Perth or am I better biting the bullet and doing it now?? I know people have said on here about the driving in Australia but I`m not sure whats worse having seen some of the driving here in Hampshire.
Im in exactly the same boat too...
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Fact, WA people simply do not know how to drive properly. Either they drive like total pedantic geratrics (braking at green lights for example) or they drive like complete hoon nutters (nearly rear ended some pr*ck who cut me up this morning). I'd do it there, it'll give you a head start when you get here & you'll learn how to drive postively which I don't think would happen here. it's easy to change your licence over when you get here (took me about 20mins).
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:21 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Im in exactly the same boat too...
Glad it`s not just me then
I reckon I will bite the bullet (it`s just working up the nervr to get in the car & do it)My last driving lesson all those years ago resulted in the driving instructor kicking me out of the car - you have all been warned!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:29 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Driving

One thing you will have to look out for is that Aussies customarily use their indicators.

In the UK, people use them rarely - if at all. They simply overtake you (cutting you off if necessary) and change lanes without any warning whatsoever.

This makes life very interesting on the motorways.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 4:14 pm
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
One thing you will have to look out for is that Aussies customarily use their indicators.

In the UK, people use them rarely - if at all. They simply overtake you (cutting you off if necessary) and change lanes without any warning whatsoever.

LOL - yep I`ve noticed that and I can`t even drive.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Fact, WA people simply do not know how to drive properly. Either they drive like total pedantic geratrics (braking at green lights for example) or they drive like complete hoon nutters (nearly rear ended some pr*ck who cut me up this morning). I'd do it there, it'll give you a head start when you get here & you'll learn how to drive postively which I don't think would happen here. it's easy to change your licence over when you get here (took me about 20mins).
Hello

Just check about 'swapping' your licence if you only have a provisional. I am not sure if it is as easy as when you have a full license. It may be, but it is worth checking. You don't want to go to the expense of getting your license from scratch and then having to do it all over again.

Different states have different rules.

Regards
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

You could just go find a wishing well.

[IMG][/IMG]

< Click Thumbnail >

Last edited by Lordflasheart; Nov 24th 2005 at 8:22 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart

[IMG][/IMG]

< Click Thumbnail >
now, now that is not very nice is it??!! (funny, but not very nice)
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:42 pm
Im a woomaaan

[IMG][/IMG]

< Click Thumbnail >
LOL - Ya cheeky bugger!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I advise to learn where you are now because it's stressful enough learning to drive when you are familiar with an area, it's worse when you are in an area that you don't know well.

Good luck...you can do it - I did
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:33 pm
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I advise to learn where you are now because it's stressful enough learning to drive when you are familiar with an area, it's worse when you are in an area that you don't know well.

Good luck...you can do it - I did
You`ve got a point there! I think what I might do is send off for my provisional, then possibly try to do a block of lessons at once rather than taking a lesson a week. Trouble is I always come up with a reason not to do it.....
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

[IMG][/IMG]

< Click Thumbnail >
Let's just ask the insurance companies who they think are better drivers, shall we.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

You`ve got a point there! I think what I might do is send off for my provisional, then possibly try to do a block of lessons at once rather than taking a lesson a week. Trouble is I always come up with a reason not to do it.....
I was exactly the same, always putting it off and having excuses and then one day my husband told me he had booked me some lessons and then I had to go and honestly, it was the best thing that could have happened. Now that I am driving, I am annoyed that it took me so long.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:57 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yep they use their indicators a couple of seconds after they have cut you up.

I always thought it was mirror - signal - move not in Oz its move -signal.

I would take the lessons and test in the UK if I were you.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.