toplad

Default drivers licence

can any of you folks tell me if both types of licence are OK

ie. will the older paper type be OK or do I need to get a photo one

We are moving to Adelaide on 20th july so not much time

many thanks

Old Jun 13th 2006, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: drivers licence

Originally Posted by toplad
can any of you folks tell me if both types of licence are OK

ie. will the older paper type be OK or do I need to get a photo one

We are moving to Adelaide on 20th july so not much time

many thanks
As far as I know the paper one is okay, but best to contact someone to be absolutely clear. You can contact the Roysl Automobile Association of South Australia - their website is here: www.raa.com.au/
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

my photo one got nicked just before i moved here... so Ive been using my paper one.

used it to hire a car, buy a car, ID for bank, advanced drivers course and it was no bother.... not had to use it for police though!!!!!

I've just ordered a new photo one.

If you've already had a photo one, but lost both parts (paper and photo) or prepared to lie to DVLA and say that you have, you can order a new one over the phone for £18 (or £19! can't remember) and it arrives to your UK address (the one listed on the license) within a few days. Brother informs me that mine took two days to arrive!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
my photo one got nicked just before i moved here... so Ive been using my paper one.

used it to hire a car, buy a car, ID for bank, advanced drivers course and it was no bother.... not had to use it for police though!!!!!

I've just ordered a new photo one.

If you've already had a photo one, but lost both parts (paper and photo) or prepared to lie to DVLA and say that you have, you can order a new one over the phone for £18 (or £19! can't remember) and it arrives to your UK address (the one listed on the license) within a few days. Brother informs me that mine took two days to arrive!
All the places I tried to use just the paper (new) one, no one would accept it. QLD Transport said they recognise the old paper one or the new photo card but not the new paper one - no it made no sense to me either.

I also had had my photo card nicked. A friend in the UK rang up DVLA and pretended to be me and got the new one very quickly. So I now have two paper ones, one UK card and one Aus card