Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Drinking Tips That PB Never Knew!

Drinking Tips That PB Never Knew!

Old Apr 1st 2003, 11:23 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Drinking Tips That PB Never Knew!

Isn't life a lucky dip? Imagine what life in Aus could have been like for Monsieur Grizzly Goots (aka John Bull, aka Pommie Bastard, PB to his mates) had he but passing knowledge of:
Dynamite Dan's guide for successful drinking
Old Apr 1st 2003, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!! made me laugh
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 12:33 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinking Tips That PB Never Knew!

Originally posted by Megalania
Isn't life a lucky dip? Imagine what life in Aus could have been like for Monsieur Grizzly Goots (aka John Bull, aka Pommie Bastard, PB to his mates) had he but passing knowledge of:
Dynamite Dan's guide for successful drinking
Nice information but having used the odd Aussie Pub its all common place here being the lifestyle.

Reputed to have the highest per capita beer consumption in the world after the Germans, Australians drink an enormous range of beers, including lager, bitter, and stout.

The Beer Prayer

Our Lager
Which art in barrels
Hallowed be thy drink
Thy will be drunk ( I will be drunk )
At home as if in tavern
Give us this day our foamy head
And forgive us our spillages
As we forgive those who spill against us
And lead us not to incarceration
But deliver us from hangovers
For thine is the beer, the bitter, the lager
For ever and ever....

barmen

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:26 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Nice information but having used the odd Aussie Pub its all common place here being the lifestyle.

Reputed to have the highest per capita beer consumption in the world after the Germans, Australians drink an enormous range of beers, including lager, bitter, and stout.

The Beer Prayer

Our Lager
Which art in barrels
Hallowed be thy drink
Thy will be drunk ( I will be drunk )
At home as if in tavern
Give us this day our foamy head
And forgive us our spillages
As we forgive those who spill against us
And lead us not to incarceration
But deliver us from hangovers
For thine is the beer, the bitter, the lager
For ever and ever....

barmen

My wife would take great exception at that! Czechs lead the world for beer consumption per capita, ahead of their German neighbours. In 1979 the Czech president came on national TV and broadcast for FOUR hours to appeal to the nation to drink less alcohol as the country was grinding to a halt. Now thats a place to go and live.....
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:35 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Herman
My wife would take great exception at that! Czechs lead the world for beer consumption per capita, ahead of their German neighbours. In 1979 the Czech president came on national TV and broadcast for FOUR hours to appeal to the nation to drink less alcohol as the country was grinding to a halt. Now thats a place to go and live.....
From the 2002 survey....

Australia remains 9th on the World League Table for consumption of beer, consuming 95 litres of beer per capita in 99/00, just behind the United Kingdom (8th, 95 litres), and ahead of the USA (11th, 84 litres), New Zealand (13th, 80 litres) and Canada (17th, 70 litres). The leading country — the Czech Republic — consumes 160 litres of beer per capita.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:40 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Czech beer is very drinkable must get to Prague its a beer lovers trip of a life time , sorry to hear the Aussies are Third rate at drinking what a blow ?
PS I did get the drinking info from an Australian site looks like they bulled themselfs up a little too much but whats new.

:
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 2:05 am

Czech beer is very drinkable must get to Prague its a beer lovers trip of a life time , sorry to hear the Aussies are Third rate at drinking what a blow ?
PS I did get the drinking info from an Australian site looks like they bulled themselfs up a little too much but whats new.

:
Prague's lovely but for beer at local prices get yourself down to South Bohemeia, somewhere like Ceske Budejovice - the home of Budvar. Half litres of beer cost 8 Czech crowns in bars there, which is about 16 British pence to you or I. Or supermarket prices are as low as 2 crowns per 375cl bottle, or 4 pence. Cheaper than bottled water.
My choice over there is Radegast, from the East of the country. Tasted like nectar when we were back there last August, especially after all the Tooheys/VB/ice cold fizzy horse piss they serve up here. I dont drink beer here any more, I stick to red wine as they know how to make that stuff.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:20 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Only "beer" I can say I enjoyed, other than the occassional one on a hot day, is Belgian Trappist. Almost a barley wine.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:25 am
Banned

Originally posted by Herman
Prague's lovely but for beer at local prices get yourself down to South Bohemeia, somewhere like Ceske Budejovice - the home of Budvar. Half litres of beer cost 8 Czech crowns in bars there, which is about 16 British pence to you or I. Or supermarket prices are as low as 2 crowns per 375cl bottle, or 4 pence. Cheaper than bottled water.
My choice over there is Radegast, from the East of the country. Tasted like nectar when we were back there last August, especially after all the Tooheys/VB/ice cold fizzy horse piss they serve up here. I dont drink beer here any more, I stick to red wine as they know how to make that stuff.
That must be as near paradise as any beer drinker can get , I will make a pilgrimage to this wonderful country .
Will be nice to be able travel to Eastern Europe a place I have yet to explore , I am sure its worth a look I will take the ferry to Hamburg and drive from there.

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:30 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Only "beer" I can say I enjoyed, other than the occassional one on a hot day, is Belgian Trappist. Almost a barley wine.
The worse hang over I have had in my sorry life was after a night on barley wine in my silly youth never to be repeated , cannot say if it was a good night but never made it home spent a cool night on a park bench.

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:57 am
Banned

The worse hang over I have had in my sorry life was after a night on barley wine in my silly youth never to be repeated , cannot say if it was a good night but never made it home spent a cool night on a park bench.

Permanently skipped school, went west, drove a tractor in ever decreasing circles on a farm somewhere forgotten like Pithara, 200km north by north east of Perth, for pence and grub.

Planting over, some mates came to my shack with a flaggon of Port and an offer of a lift to the rail siding to stand next to some cans of cream in the frost to wait for the train. Drink up, we'll take you to the next siding south. Drink up, we need a trip to Perth. So long, thanks for the ride. 3 days in a haze.

Never touch Port, not even in a storm.