Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dress sizes, batteries etc info please

dress sizes, batteries etc info please

Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Question dress sizes, batteries etc info please

Can anyone tell me if the clothes sizes for ladies in Oz are the same as UK, or if they are downsized like in the States. Also are batteries for things like portable cd players etc the same ? These might seem like trivial daft questions, but one needs to know.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:47 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dress sizes, batteries etc info please

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
Also are batteries for things like portable cd players etc the same ?
Cd players???...yeah right... ...
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:51 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Can anyone tell me if the clothes sizes for ladies in Oz are the same as UK, or if they are downsized like in the States. Also are batteries for things like portable cd players etc the same ? These might seem like trivial daft questions, but one needs to know.
Bateries are the same the world over

For wahever the application

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Women's clothes are a size smaller in Australia. So if you wore a size 12 in the UK, then you'll find that you'll fit into most size 10's here....BUT....like most clothes anywhere, there are different fits for different shops

I've also found that I fit more comfortably into a size 12 top here, but was also a size 12 in the UK....so confusing sometimes!!

Oh yeah, batteries are all the same!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:17 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought this must be an Ann Summers thread. Found sizes vary but size 6 shoes for women end up being about 9 to 10 in Aus sizes.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 11:41 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Suzanne,

I'm still trying to work out what size I am! I'm having no luck at all finding clothes that fit, but I suspect that I need to look at things that aren't quite so cheap and cheerful! As with the UK - and anywhere else, I think - cheap clothes here are cut badly with the minimum of fabric. Shoe sizes - I used to take a 7 or 8 in the UK but had to buy a 10 here when I got a pair of shoes recently. I think shoes are one size bigger, but that's a rough guide.

My dh bought some trousers recently and he found that regular length tended to be longer than the UK by a couple of inches. Children's clothes (I think you have grandchildren?) seem to go by age, but then mine @ 8 is very tall and is needing a size 10 or 12 here.

I'll get the hang of it one day....good luck!!

Sue
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Hi Suzanne,

I'm still trying to work out what size I am! I'm having no luck at all finding clothes that fit, but I suspect that I need to look at things that aren't quite so cheap and cheerful! As with the UK - and anywhere else, I think - cheap clothes here are cut badly with the minimum of fabric. Shoe sizes - I used to take a 7 or 8 in the UK but had to buy a 10 here when I got a pair of shoes recently. I think shoes are one size bigger, but that's a rough guide.

My dh bought some trousers recently and he found that regular length tended to be longer than the UK by a couple of inches. Children's clothes (I think you have grandchildren?) seem to go by age, but then mine @ 8 is very tall and is needing a size 10 or 12 here.

I'll get the hang of it one day....good luck!!

Sue

Confused? I will be....tehe. Oh well, thanks for the response anyway.
As for the comments about batteries and Ann Summers, I suppose I walked right into that one.........!!!!!!!!!!