Dress Code!

Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:13 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Default Dress Code!

Hello Friends,
Can natives share the information about the dress code in Oz.
What I need to know is the dress code in offices primarily in IT and other sectors.
What is the defination of Casual and Formal Dress codes in Oz?

thanks.
- Muks
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:13 pm

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Default Re: Dress Code!

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hello Friends,
Can natives share the information about the dress code in Oz.
What I need to know is the dress code in offices primarily in IT and other sectors.
What is the defination of Casual and Formal Dress codes in Oz?

thanks.
- Muks
None has the answer...
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:15 pm
blossom

Okay this will give you a laugh!

When I was working in Wollongong the dress code was uniform (I worked for Illawarra Electricity - now known as something else). Most office jobs were just as here, smart but comfortable.

The men, now that's a different story. In summer the men used to wear short sleeved shirts, ties, tailored shorts and long socks - don't know if it is still the same!

I used to laugh but in fact you soon used to get used to the fact that it was the men walking around the offices showing their legs off and not the women!

Blossom

Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:00 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I havent started yet - but in brisbane most office workers (blokes) are in suits but you dont see the jackets out on the street. I guess it depends on company by company but it seems shirt/tie are normal ( not looking forward to that in summer!)
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

When I worked for the gov in IT (state) support a few people came in suit and tie (these were mainly managers and directors) but most was casual, trousers, shirt, (without tie) and smart shoes (not trainers). A lot of places have a casual day on a Friday when you can wear jeans, tee shirts and trainers (not ones with holes in the knees or tatty tees) but it varies from company to company.

Finiancial companys and banks tend to perfer suit and tie all the time especially if your meeting the public.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:43 am

I feel wearing perfect formal is a norm in Industry at Oz.
Thanks friends for the reply.
the last three feebacks were very userful.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:55 am
ABCDiamond

Suit and Tie for most Accountants. I made my boss buy me a good one, when he wanted me to see the CBA MD.

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Suit and Tie for most Accountants. I made my boss buy me a good one, when he wanted me to see the CBA MD.
I think I need to find a job and then the Boss of your type to get me a suit and a tie..