Dress code

Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:21 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

To work now he just wears jeans, t shirts, even just his adidas shoes.
Here in Holland it's all very casual.

What? JUST his adidas shoes?? Surely not even Holland is that casual!!LOL
Mind you, there is that raving lunatic in Amsterdam, who travels everywhere on rollerskates/blades in the nuddy!!!:scared:
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:26 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
With thongs? Or is that going a bit overdressed?!!

I'd say that was pushing it, you wouldn't want to look like a tall poppy
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:58 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dress code

Originally posted by jayr
An ironed singlet should do for Brisbane
An ironed singlet!
ironed?
what are you - some kind of mummy's boy?

Surely your beer belly should push out any wrinkles
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:00 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DagBoy
An ironed singlet!
ironed?
what are you - some kind of mummy's boy?

Surely your beer belly should push out any wrinkles

Well it was for an interview
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The policy here is collars and trousers for blokes. Of course for an interview or outside meeting a suit looks professional. Whenever somone wears a tie the comment is "have you been for an interview".
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a manager in a retail head office in Adelaide. Interviews and business meetings a suit is a must and also helps, being female, ensure you have a bit of credibilityat management meetings too...

However when you get established casual is fine. Dress approriatly for the occasion and be guided by the 'successful' people around you....

Also don't forget your lippy. Dress isn't just about the clothes you wear

Mash

Originally posted by bondipom
The policy here is collars and trousers for blokes. Of course for an interview or outside meeting a suit looks professional. Whenever somone wears a tie the comment is "have you been for an interview".
Old Dec 5th 2003, 6:35 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by vicky o
What? JUST his adidas shoes?? Surely not even Holland is that casual!!LOL
Mind you, there is that raving lunatic in Amsterdam, who travels everywhere on rollerskates/blades in the nuddy!!!:scared:
lol!

Btw, I've never heard (or seen ) of that raving lunatic in Amsterdam.....
Does sound scary though!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

rarejunk_in is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Vicky,

If you are a Marketing Manager from Manufacturing , how come you got ACS approved?? AM I MISSING SOMETHING???
Originally posted by vickymills
better get some suits !!!

I'm a marketing manger in the manufacturing industry in west yorkshire, i wear a suit for interviews or very important presentations but the rest of the time smart casual with an ecentric / individual twist is what I'm in as it's easy to work like that at work and if you wear a suit all the time they think you're being posh and stuck up....

was sort of hoping Brisbane would be more casual, never mind it's nice to go shopping for new clothes.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

Hubby is the IT bod, we're going on his job not mine, he gets more points than me.
I'm just going as the wife.....

Originally posted by rarejunk_in
HI Vicky,

If you are a Marketing Manager from Manufacturing , how come you got ACS approved?? AM I MISSING SOMETHING???