Reload this Page >

dreaded police clearance!!

dreaded police clearance!!

Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

ang67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy dreaded police clearance!!

Hi All,
Hoping someone out there can help me. I am in the process of applying for subclass 136 skilled independent visa to Australia and have to provide a Police Clearance certificate for a 6 year period I lived in saudi Arabia.
This is proving to be difficult since the consul in London are saying I have to do this via the British Embassy in Riyadh, and they say go to Saudi embassy in London!! (Any one out there who has dealt with Saudi red tape will understand my problem!) The DIMIA forms sent to me state the Saudi embassy too, but I can't seem to get past the receptioist when I call to make an appointment.
Also, do I get fingerprints done by my local police or can the embassy do it?
Please help !!!
Angie.
sorry, posted in wrong section!! First timer!!

Last edited by ang67; Sep 25th 2005 at 1:46 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

dreamer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dreaded police clearance!!

Hi Ang67,

I had to get a Saudi clearance. I went through the Saudi embassy (in Washington). They require a set of fingerprints which you can get from your local police station and a copy of your passport face and your iquama number if you have it or times you were in Saudi. The embassy sends these to Riyadh. You would go through the London embassy. Sent it to the attention of the consulute.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

D

Hoping someone out there can help me. I am in the process of applying for subclass 136 skilled independent visa to Australia and have to provide a Police Clearance certificate for a 6 year period I lived in saudi Arabia.
This is proving to be difficult since the consul in London are saying I have to do this via the British Embassy in Riyadh, and they say go to Saudi embassy in London!! (Any one out there who has dealt with Saudi red tape will understand my problem!) The DIMIA forms sent to me state the Saudi embassy too, but I can't seem to get past the receptioist when I call to make an appointment.
Please help !!!
Angie.
sorry, posted in wrong section!! First timer!![/QUOTE]
Old Sep 25th 2005, 2:08 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ang67
Hi All,
Please help !!!
Angie.
Hi there. Know exactly what you mean. Not Saudi - but a country very similar!

Do you have any contacts still in saudi who could approach the Police HQ on your behalf? Secondly you could try couriering a request to them.
Also are you still on speaking terms with your old employer? Could they act for you?

Finally - and I know you probably won't want to hear this, I find that that the best way to get things done in countries such as Saudi is to bite the bullet and fly there. I know this adds to your costs but it just might be worth it to save you from running around.

Don't forget the British Embassy rule - if you require any consular assistance at all, ever, the British Embassy are the last persons who will help you. As a British citizen, you have more chance of being assisted by the Embassy of Burundi than being helped by your own representative.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ang67
Hi All,
Please help !!!
Angie.

Hi Angie,

Have a look at the following page on the website for the Australian Embassy in Saudi Arabia:
http://www.saudiarabia.embassy.gov.a...arance_sa.html

I'm not sure if it would be the same if you are out of the Kingdom but it may be worth your time to email the embassy here to see what they say.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Paula